• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door Cherokee 01 with 25,000 miles... mild build for daughters first Jeep

Looks like the one in my '99 XJ Orvis - but that only has 15" wheels. :dunno:

Orvis XJ? Yes but betting yours has D-Rings attached to it. That is what the cheesy tarp cover that they started using in '97 connects to on that side. '98 ZJ 5.9 would not have the D-Rings and an Orvis ZJ would be green.
At least that is what I think I know. LOL.

Met up with daughter for part of her spring break @ Lone Star Jeep Invasion.
Of course mostly new JL & JT but also quite a few nice XJ's were there.

DE0A38AC-DB41-4EC0-958B-B962E2ADA46A.jpeg

Didn't win the stock class we entered and didn't think would win anything. But unbelieveable turn of event, she was called for runner up in Best Of Show :)
Great memories and that alone was the capstone bonding of Dad & Daughter XJ Jeep build.

BBDDB72A-13ED-40BF-A3AA-AD00F1A089FE.jpeg

What? how did it not win in the stock class? too many mods or something?

Hoarding boxes????

Owning 16 nice collectible Jeeps requires lots of NOS parts.
"parts hoarder" doesn't even begin to describe the mess that I have accumulated over 25 years. :laugh3:

Decided on the Jeep accessory 15x8" chrome wheels to give this 2 door some more bling.
The 245/75xR16 BFG's didn't quite fill the wheel wells. Stepping up to 32x11.50 BFG's AT.

Thinking the grey Icon wheels be good for 99.
But need to lift it first.

That's not "East Texas"!

And 3 of those Jeeps are not red.

I understand the black one.

Having my own thing for white ones, I would be happy to provide alternative accomodations for the others. :laugh3:

As for parts hoarding, well, I will be honest enough to admit I am jealous. Well done sir. :cheers:

Nope pic was not in E TX.

That was at @GJEEP the best XJ collector ever.
His entire fleet is super nice & immaculate !!!
Not pictured is his incredible "Silver Bullet" MJ build, find thread on Comanche Club.
Was picking up the nice 99 4 door he got for me.
And immediately filled it up inside & out with Jeep goodies.
Long drive to E TX on bumpstops :)

"Fireball" Pictured next to his "Red Rocket" that is low miles and minty mint- MINT.
Matter of fact it's the only 2x4 I would ever consider buying :)

Oddly enough all my XJ builds are on ComancheClub... 2 of my XJ's (green and white) I built with and for my daughters. So far so good with those -- they're keeping them up like a chip off the old block. Good times and long live the XJ (and MJ)!

Got the 32 BFG A/T mounted up to NOS Jeep Special Equipment 15x8 Chrome wheels.
Road force balanced and nitrogen filled.
Daughter decided to do white letters in.

Going to have move front axle forward or lose the front molded splash guards.
31 just didn’t quite fill the wheel wells with 4.5 lift.

Can’t wait to see Chrome on Black Beauty.

Moved front axle forward to 17" lower control arm length.
With 4.5" lift that perfectly centered the tire and wheel well and no rubbing on anything with springs removed.
Did need 1.25 wheel spacers to keep tire away from sway bar links.
Since it needs alignment, decided to install Currie Correct link steering setup.
Currie has exaggerated bend at pitman arm for lift and no reaming knuckles for 1 ton steering.
99 XJ Fireball gets 01's tie rods.

Used Gorilla black lug nuts to contrast with the chrome wheel and black Jeep center cap.

Waiting on black e-coated drums for D44 and install rear wheel spacers.
Comanche MJ D44 gets chromate coated drums since can't see with Eliminator wheels.

Super Nice build. I was wondering if the Front windows from a 97-01 2 door would fit an earlier 2-door XJ? I guy locally is looking to swap out the 2-pice front windows to a 1 piece.

Back