• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trails do you want to run?

Do you have any hard trails out there?

;)

Not for Slick Rick, but then it is all relative. I am willing to do H2H this time I am not sure why I chickened out last time. Any how, I am game for anything, I just not familiar enough with the area. I can lead a trail if you get me to the trail head.

Not for Slick Rick, but then it is all relative. I am willing to do H2H this time I am not sure why I chickened out last time. Any how, I am game for anything, I just not familiar enough with the area. I can lead a trail if you get me to the trail head.

If my rig is still alive and fully operational on day 3, I fittin to run H2H too.

Yes there are all LVL trails from the lets go for a ride to lets go beat our rig up.

Hey Crash, Jump This is Rick the Sand Lizard from California :looser:. He actually knows the trails and from what I was told he even dragged ass through H2H in something very slightly resembling an XJ. Don't pay him no mind. If you want to meet him in person, stop by the :flame: around midnight, he'll be liquored up talking about hemorhoids :moon:

Last edited:
Hey Crash, Jump This is Rick the Sand Lizard from California :looser:. He actually knows the trails and from what I was told he even dragged ass through H2H in something very slightly resembling an XJ. Don't pay him no mind. If you want to meet him in person, stop by the :flame: around midnight, he'll be liquored up talking about hemorhoids :moon:

Hemorhoids?

:dunno:

:D

Im definately in for H2H again. It was super fun last year & my junk works even better now.

So what else around there is the level of H2H, or slightly harder??

I haven't done Elvis, Id like to run that with the group if its run. Not hard enough to break everyone but should have enough challenge to be fun.

Martinez cabin I havent done the whole loop only the rock garden, also not too difficult.

Box canyon is a must for the group that does the cabin. Really nice AZ scenery.

Lower and Upper Ajax would be good for the group. the lower part is easier, Those that dont want to continue can take the road pull out. those willing can do the extension third part as well.

The cokeovens "road" could be done by a group of the stockers, I even found it too boring and bumpy for one of my first trips out there.

H2H, woodies, X would be good for the less body damage concerned group.
Others trails would require raised gas tank and rear stretch to have enough departure angle to hit the steep falls. Or winch and drag technique.

Im definately in for H2H again. It was super fun last year & my junk works even better now.

So what else around there is the level of H2H, or slightly harder??

Elvis (easier the H2H as Ive heard)
Upper Ajax Shorter but similar to H2H
X Much more body contact intensive then H2H very short.
WW First gate keeper is gnarly deeper then the H2H notch. The rest has some optional stuff overall easier then H2H (IF?) you make it through the first 10 feet.

Four other trails much Harder would require body damage and winch lines for most. Probably not a good option for this group, but it depends on what you bring.

I think we ran upper and lower Ajax last year, but cant be certain. I know there was a group that did the coke ovens. I think we also did woodpecker and a few of us did H2H.
Im definately interested in running some different stuff from last year. The scenery is amazing, so im sure wherever we are lead to will be great!

Four other trails much Harder would require body damage and winch lines for most. Probably not a good option for this group, but it depends on what you bring.

I have a winch & im definately not concerned about body damage. Most of the trails at JV have already left their mark. :D
i like challenging stuff but i have enough sence to know when something is over my rigs capabilities. Guess we'll see how things pan out when i get there.
Man, i cant wait!!

X Much more body contact intensive then H2H very short.
X2

X = guaranteed body damage in a full bodied rig. Ask me how I know :D But it's a fun short trail. I haven't seen it recently, but I couldn't see a way to avoid tagging the right rear.

Axle Alley is a good more difficult trail. Not much body damage potential, but it got it's name for a reason. Good falls to climb so 35's and ground clearance are pretty much necessary. The big fall is doable with an XJ wheelbase on the right line.

Gulp. I still limp from the last night run.:gee: Shotgun !

Damn.... that was fun. Ill never forget that line Rick and i took off the side of one the trails. Kyung was spotting us off huge ledge in the dark. I nearly shit myself watching Rick almost flop over the front, but gas out of it. Then it was my turn.... what a rush that was!!!

Back