• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raw winch cam footage.

JEONLYEP

NAXJA Forum User
Taken from the winch cam on my XJ going up Wheeler lake.

Winch cam 1

Winch cam 2

Winch cam 3

Winch cam 4

I should have been recording the last climb, the one where the cam fell off and got ran over!

Good times..

Photobucket knocks the resolution down, and a couple of times the reception from cam to laptop drops out.

DAryl

Very cool DAryl!

I see John Bjorum made it out there ok! Justin was doing spotter duty too.

Man, there's been a whole lotta rain up there.... lots of water standing on the trail..... and the big mud hole was a friggin' pond! I bet the top just before the lake was marshy huh? Was there a ton of water running down the rock road and the sharp turn below the lake?

Dammit I'm hatin' not being there.....

YELLAHEEP said:
Very cool DAryl!

I see John Bjorum made it out there ok! Justin was doing spotter duty too.

Man, there's been a whole lotta rain up there.... lots of water standing on the trail..... and the big mud hole was a friggin' pond! I bet the top just before the lake was marshy huh? Was there a ton of water running down the rock road and the sharp turn below the lake?

Dammit I'm hatin' not being there.....
Yep, John is here. Got a couple of crotch shots of Justin, and John John.:laugh3:

Lot of water running down, and there was one puddle that when I went thru the fans started spitting water out of my hood vents.

Gnat5680 said:
so did you just wire up a web cam to a laptop and put it in your jeep?

that looks like it would be fun to do sometime.
It's a $40 ebay wireless spy cam. It can be ran off a nine volt battery, but I didn't feel like using 50 batteries, so it has a wire to a power adapter. The laptop, the camera and the receiver are all running off the power inverter. then I have a video capature device to input the video into the laptop.

Camera #2 is now up and running for tomorrows fun.

DAryl

Photos will have to wait, I forgot the usb cable for the camera.

Moved it to the roof to lesson the chance of camera damage.

But I set the camera wrong, as I watched the videos, I kept wanting to tilt my head back, so as to change the camera angle.

Roof cam 1

Roof cam 2

Roof cam 3

Roof cam 4

DAryl

Back