• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa Canyon Sunday May 20th

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
This is not an official NAXJA event.

Okay, here's the scoop. May 20th, lets get together for an Azusa Canyon Run. Last summer, we had a pretty good turn out and I'd like to get more people out this year. Usually, we BBQ sit back, and play in the mud. There is apparently a big rock garden now, so you rock crawling people can show for that. It's $8 to get in, and it's a hell of a time. Just make sure your rig is street legal, if you're gonna drive it in. There is plenty of trailer parking, past the asphalt 'staging'. So let's make it happen people. I'll even try to get stuck in the river, with water up to the coin tray again. :wierd:

What: Mudfest 2007 v1.0. This is not an official NAXJA event.
Who: Anyone with 4wd that wants to hang out.
Where: Azusa Canyon OHV area
When: Sunday, May 20th. Meeting up @ Jack In The Box off of Azusa Canyon exit, from the 210 at 9:30a.
Why: Because it's always fun to watch other people destroy their rigs.

A few things to know; it does get hot out there, so be prepared. Alcohol is not allowed in the OHV area, but the rangers don't exactly go through your ice chests; use discretion. A big crowd turns out on sundays, so don't expect it to only be us. They WILL not let you in, if you're 2wd. If you fool around too much, you will get stuck. So make sure you have recovery points, and a tow strap. I bring my first aid kit, just in case, but that's entirely your deal. Oh yeah, this is not an official NAXJA event. If you have any questions, post up.

:twak: OK... I will be there.:rof:

and watch out for the cop that sits inside, after you pay he tells you to pull over so he can give you a ticket, prob not to much to worry about if you daily drive your xj though.

I would recommend discretion on what you put in your cooler. The last time I went there the Federales inspected my cooler with a fine tooth comb. They didn't care to investigate the four ammo cans of gear I had but we unloaded everything in the cooler. It wasn't a problem for me, I didn't have anything I shouldn't but be aware that they do occasionally take a look.

gatorade + your favorite alternative beverage = a concealable good time....

Thanks ROBERTK!

alsodon said:
I would recommend discretion on what you put in your cooler.

Is 4wd needed there?

I'd like to go but dont know if I'll have my front axle fixed by then.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Is 4wd needed there?

Not needed...BUT REQUIRED.

If they don't think your jeep looks like it has four wheel drive they will ask and may ask you to show proof (like a shifter).

IslanderOffRoad said:
Is 4wd needed there?

Depending on how bad the stream crossing are you might be able to make it in 2wd to the mud. When I was stock heigth the water came up to the bottom of the door and flows pretty fast!

is someone framiliar with the asuza area? i remember camping in asuza, and behind the campgrounds, there was a stream, and i saw someone wheeling....
anyone framiliar with what im talking about?

is the entire area a bust? im not interested in being watched by 5.0

xcm said:
is the entire area a bust? im not interested in being watched by 5.0

x2
im getting paranoid just thinking about it :eyes:

i might come out but i like to get a little on the tipsy side and such.:shhh:

make sure any non headlight/marker light has a cover.
anyoneone with tires and lift that allows more than 50% of the tire to be uncovered is required to have mud flaps and or fenderflares depending on how far they stick out on the sides.
Hide your booze and not inside your cooler !
and if you go do not show up with expired regestration they wont let you in even 1 day past

If I can fix my axle I'll be there

Back