• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tentative Schedule - Need Trail Leaders and

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
All: I have had very little feedback on trails (Hells Revenge, Cliffhanger and Pritchett so far). I put this list together and am asking for suggestions and more important, trail leaders.

Tentative list of trails, leaders and events for Fall Fling 2015 I can lead the three moderate trails, but I will need leaders for the difficult trails.
Moderate Trail Difficult Trail Difficult Trail
Wednedsay, October 7 Open Open Open
Leader
Thursday Ocbober 8 La Sal Pass Cliff Hanger Hells Revenge
Leader Sandy Steve
Friday October 9 Chicken Corners Fins and Things Pritchett Canyon
Leader Sandy Steve
Saturday October 10 7-Mile Rim Suggestions? Steelbender or ?
Sandy Steve
I will reserve the pavillion in the Old City Park for Friday evening dinner and let me know if you are interested in getting together as a group Wednesday evening. I will pull something together.

Last edited:
Trying to simplify the above...
Wed. No scheduled activities Want a get-together for dinner?
Thursday 7-8:30 AM Register for event south side of City Market.
Thursday Moderate--La Sal Pass, Difficult--Cliff Hanger and Hells Revenge, Want to get together for dinner?
Friday Moderate--Chicken Corners, Difficult--Fins and Things and Pritchett Canyon Dinner Old City Park
Saturday Moderate 7-Mile Rim, Difficult Steelbender or other suggestions?

I can lead the 3 moderate trails, but we need trail leaders for all of the other trails.

Last edited:
We still need volunteers for trail leaders. If you do not like the suggested trails, please post up with what you want and what you can lead. Thanks.

Sandy,

I could likely lead Cliffhanger if nessesary. If someone else wants to they are more than welcome to but imhave run it several times and should be able to find the trail head.

I should also be in Moab on Monday or Tuesday so I'd be happy to run a trail on Tuesday and for sure Wednesday.

B

Thanks for the offer to lead Cliffhanger. I will put you on the list. At this time, anything before Thursday is basically on your own, as I cannot be there before Wednesday evening. Feel free to use this thread to arrange some of the pre-trips for earlier in the week.

Last edited:
I could likely lead Cliffhanger if nessesary. If someone else wants to they are more than welcome to but imhave run it several times and should be able to find the trail head.

Pretty easy, turn between McDonalds and Burger King (Kane Creek Road), follow it back staying to the left at the stop sign, all the way back, past Pritchett Canyon, turn right off marked as Cliffhanger/Amasa Back.

Is Elephant Hill easy, moderate, or difficult? Id be interested if it is at least moderate.

This will be my first time to Moab, so I'm not entirely sure. From what I've read online it's moderate, but some people say it's easy.

Is Elephant Hill easy, moderate, or difficult? Id be interested if it is at least moderate.

I would rank it moderate, barring washouts. Very scenic, not hard-core wheeling will give you views of the Green/Colo River confluence, a hike on Joint Trail into Chesler Park (highly recommended) and even a loop through Beef Basin to view ruins, if you want to make it an over-nigther.

Bring your camera and lots of film.......

Anyone interested in running Elephant hill earlier in the week? I should be arriving on the 3rd.

Possibly, you'll need to get a permit for each vehicle and a group can't be more than three.

I would rank it moderate, barring washouts. Very scenic, not hard-core wheeling will give you views of the Green/Colo River confluence, a hike on Joint Trail into Chesler Park (highly recommended) and even a loop through Beef Basin to view ruins, if you want to make it an over-nigther.

Bring your camera and lots of film.......

Like Jeff said moderate depending. If you can make it up the start then the rest should be about the same.

Film? What's that?

Are you referring to that Celluloid film material?

cel·lu·loid/ˈselyəˌloid/noun

a transparent flammable plastic made in sheets from camphor and nitrocellulose, formerly used for cinematographic film.

Are you referring to that Celluloid film material?

cel·lu·loid/ˈselyəˌloid/noun

a transparent flammable plastic made in sheets from camphor and nitrocellulose, formerly used for cinematographic film.

I've seen some of those from the late 1800's haven't I?

I'm open to the idea of leading something, but scheduling more than tomorrow ruins wheeling trips (for me), also I may or may not have low range (I can run everything less than Prittchet in High), so I may be stuck to <8s

Edit:
I'll be in town 2-12

Back