• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attendance

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'll be there with Nancy and Zac, and probably Blanco, since they allow pets at the group site, for the whole week.

I'll be in Colorado during that time but I'll be in Silverton. Wish I could make both.

I would be a lot more likely to go if it were Silverton or Ouray. I was really sad to miss the last one in Ouray. I hope to make this one for at least a couple of days.

I would be a lot more likely to go if it were Silverton or Ouray. I was really sad to miss the last one in Ouray. I hope to make this one for at least a couple of days.

Come see us in Silverton, I don't get out west much and when I do I'm usually stuck with Ryan! :D

I won't be able to make it. I've got other things taking up my leave from work.

I wish you guys would hold it in Silverton again. That way I could kill two birds with one stone.

:wow:........ At least I tried to get people on board but not enough local interest or excuses for not having it there...... Oh well. I might attend this year but not all that excited about the current plans.

Next year will be Ouray. We'll be using the KOA. There aren't any good places for groups to camp in Silverton. Ridgeway is a state park, and I don't go to state parks anymore. Too many stupid rules, and park rangers that have their hands on their guns when coming into my campsite.

Next year will be Ouray. We'll be using the KOA. There aren't any good places for groups to camp in Silverton. Ridgeway is a state park, and I don't go to state parks anymore. Too many stupid rules, and park rangers that have their hands on their guns when coming into my campsite.

I understand where you are coming from.... really I do. Just remember as long as you are law abiding they have no leg to stand on. Them having thier hand on thier gun just shows inexperience and fear...... not that there arn't people to fear but that is a rookie cop manuver! The KOA is fine with me. I had a good time there even though my campsite flooded.

You realize there is group camping all around silverton? Molas (big and little) Lake, Mineral Creek, or up Hwy 2 enroute to Animas Forks? There's American Basin on the other side of cinnamon pass from Animas Forks, and a whole shit ton of camping off the whole Alpine Loop. Camping near the entrance to Ophir Pass as well.

At least pass on boring tired corporate run KOA and go camp up Camp Bird in Ouray.

I will be there most if not all week, with at least one daughter maybe 2.

We bought a new house. They moved the closing date back to the point where I doubt I will be able to make it.

I see a trail list but do we have an idea of what trails were gonna run when? Carl wants to come up and run Wheeler with us but need to know what day????????

Closest we've come to a trail schedule, the BOD is very, very busy you know:

Monday - Tincup Pass / St. Elmo / Carnage
Tuesday - Wheeler Lake
Wednesday - Holy Cross
Thursday - Iron Chest
Friday - Chinamans
Saturday - Grizzly Lake aka women's run

While I wouldn't say it's in stone, Tuesday for Wheeler seems pretty realistic to me.

We bought a new house. They moved the closing date back to the point where I doubt I will be able to make it.

Looks like your current house is just down the street from the house my girlfriends parent's just moved into. No mistaking that XJ of yours :D

I see a trail list but do we have an idea of what trails were gonna run when? Carl wants to come up and run Wheeler with us but need to know what day????????

Closest we've come to a trail schedule, the BOD is very, very busy you know:

Monday - Tincup Pass / St. Elmo / Carnage
Tuesday - Wheeler Lake
Wednesday - Holy Cross
Thursday - Iron Chest
Friday - Chinamans
Saturday - Grizzly Lake aka women's run

While I wouldn't say it's in stone, Tuesday for Wheeler seems pretty realistic to me.

Thanks Fred! BBQ is Friday, or sat?

Sorry guys, Flores and I have been working our rears off trying to get things done.

What Fred has is currently the trail list. I will work to solidify it this week, along with other things.

The BBQ is going to be Friday evening, along with the raffle.

Thursday night is Dinner at Tomken.

I'll be going through and doing a lot of updating here shortly. Been spending every free moment otherwise trying to get two rigs ready as well as other small things between the tow rig and trailer.

I'll be there all week. My niece and my wife will be up Wednesday. My buddy James and his wife (yellow LJ Rubi that was there last year) will be up all week as well.

Back