• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Please see this post for official SoCal Fest 2014 Trail list. Note there may also be user-created informal runs. Please reply to this thread stating interest in attending runs of your choice:

Remember that all official trail participants must meet this required equipment list.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LIST IS NOT CURRENTLY COMPLETE

FRIDAY, MAY 2
10:00 AM - EASY RUN
Staging at Discovery Center upper parking lot.
Lead vehicle white XJ.
Get lost with Carol

FRIDAY, MAY 2
Time TBA - MODERATE/DIFFICULT RUN
Lead vehicle black XJ.
Gold Mountain to John Bull led by Souske
No dry rotted tires allowed.

FRIDAY, MAY 2
10:00 AM - DIFFICULT RUN
Lead vehicle red XJ.
Heartbreak Ridge led by GSequoia
One locker or two working limited slips mandatory.

SATURDAY, MAY 3
9:00 AM - EASY RUN
Lead vehicle red XJ.
Holcomb Valley history tour led by GSequioa

SATURDAY, MAY 3
9:00 AM - MODERATE RUN
Lead vehicle white XJ.
Deep Creek/Dishpan Springs led by Jeprovo

SATURDAY, MAY 3
9:00 AM - DIFFICULT RUN
Staging at Vons parking lot, 42170 Big Bear Blvd.
Lead vehicle black XJ.
Holcomb Creek led by Souske may include John Bull if time permits.
33" tires and one locker required, two highly reccommended.
Note, vehicles may exit between Holcomb Creek and John Bull if desired.

SATURDAY, MAY 3
9:00 AM - DIFFICULT RUN
Lead vehicle green MJ.
John Bull to Holcomb Creek led by John X.
Note, vehicles may exit between John Bull and Holcomb Creek if desired.

SUNDAY, MAY 4
9:00 AM - EASY RUN / MAINTENANCE RUN (2WD XJ OKAY)
Lead vehicle red XJ.
Adopt-A-Trail Maintenance led by GSequoia
May wheel after maintenance run complete.

Last edited:
Attendee list (will be edited as people sign up).

Friday Difficult led by GSequoia
GSequoia

Friday Easy led by Carol.92124
Carol.92121

Friday Mod/Diff led by Souske
Souske

Saturday Easy led by GSequoia
GSequoia

Saturday Difficult led by Souske
Souske
DanWho
Stockerwithalocker
Rockclimber
Lurch

Saturday Difficult led by John X
John X

Sunday AAT
GSequoia

Last edited:
If Friday needs another leader at 1 pm I can do it. Or join souske and help out.

If you would like to lead an informal Friday afternoon and/or evening run I suggest creating a thread in this forum gauging interest.

I am very formal so that won't work. What time is souske's Friday run?

That time is not yet set.

As the trail leader of a non-sanctioned run you have a lot of options available, beyond what you can do in an official run. While I refer to it as informal that is not referring to the attire; as leader you may require all participants to wear evening dresses.

My goal is to run John bull sometime Friday after 1pm.
I'll lead the informal run if Souske's run is earlier.

But it would be kinda fun to run it solo........................

....but I am responsible and would never do that.

What is the easy run on Saturday going to entail? I've got a couple friends coming up without locker's so the difficult runs are out, but we may want more than just fire roads. I see where Greg Hoffman is doing an AAT moderate family fun run to Bluff Lake that day as well. Might end up doing that one instead.

What is the easy run on Saturday going to entail? I've got a couple friends coming up without locker's so the difficult runs are out, but we may want more than just fire roads. I see where Greg Hoffman is doing an AAT moderate family fun run to Bluff Lake that day as well. Might end up doing that one instead.

Holcomb valley, mostly. The most difficult trail will be Jacoby Canyon (USFS rated moderate, perfectly good for stock XJs).

I want to go on the difficult runs, like John Bull. I don't have front or rear lockers. I am guessing they are probably mandatory? I have done a bunch of trails without lockers, Hells Revenge and a bunch of lava rock stuff up in Idaho. Is it a certain no go that I can't tag along?

I'm 5.5 inch lift, long arms, 33s, cut and folded everywhere and not worried about body damage. Got tow points, a spare, hi lift, my own tools tow straps etc.

Let me know.

I want to go on the difficult runs, like John Bull. I don't have front or rear lockers. I am guessing they are probably mandatory? I have done a bunch of trails without lockers, Hells Revenge and a bunch of lava rock stuff up in Idaho. Is it a certain no go that I can't tag along?

I'm 5.5 inch lift, long arms, 33s, cut and folded everywhere and not worried about body damage. Got tow points, a spare, hi lift, my own tools tow straps etc.

Let me know.

It is up to the trail leader whether or not you have the required equipment, and/or if they choose to waive a requirement.

Sounds like Justin's cool with you running John Bull with him on Friday; Saturday will be up to that trail leader...

Holcomb valley, mostly. The most difficult trail will be Jacoby Canyon (USFS rated moderate, perfectly good for stock XJs).

If a stock KK (Liberty) can do this (happend last year). an XJ can.

Back