• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reserve your camping space now!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The time has come to make your camping reservations for SoCal Fest. As usual we will be unofficially taking over a portion of Serrano Campgrounds. Since campground policies do not allow us to bulk-reserve sections as a group you need to place your reservation early.

As typical for this event we are going to fill up the furthest back loop, Evening Star (65-101). Once that loop is full please select the Lake View Loop (102-131). If you have an RV you're stuck in the Snowberry loop so you can have your fancy water and electricity.

Please be respectful to other campers and treat the campsite well. Also please obey all posted speed limits; never park your vehicle off pavement; back into your parking spaces; and follow any and all other rules of the facility. Remember, we want campground staff to welcome us back each and every year.

To reserve just go to Recreation.gov. This link will take you directly to the Serrano Campground reservation page, select your arrival date and length of stay and hit search. Then simply select your desired site. If tent camping select a site between 65-101 (or if none are available 102-131) to stay in our loop.

Campground: Serrano Campgrounds
Sites to Reserve: 65-101 primary, if full 102-131
Reservations: Recreation.gov
Base Camp (dinner, raffle, etc): Site 81/82

Map of facility:

Click to enlarge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reservation made; site 78. Arriving Friday, departing Monday. If we do a trail cleanup on Sunday, I don't have to worry about rushing down the hill.

Now that my reservation is complete, I just need to figure out if I'm really going. Otherwise, I'll have a prime tent site available for sale!

David Bricker / SYR

Reservation made; site 78. Arriving Friday, departing Monday. If we do a trail cleanup on Sunday, I don't have to worry about rushing down the hill.

Now that my reservation is complete, I just need to figure out if I'm really going. Otherwise, I'll have a prime tent site available for sale!

David Bricker / SYR

BTW I found a place that sells loose leaf tea in town. Now you have to attend.

Of course I'll be camping out of the HQ sites, 81/82.

75 here

It's going to be a great event (as always)!!

I will be there Weds-Sat nights, & leave after trail maintenance on Sunday (unless I decide to camp somewhere up there). Karen will likely be on the same schedule.

Also, for those of you not into tent or RV camping, Serrano and the events are close enough to town that you can (wimp out and) do a hotel room instead.

In past years, a number of folks have ended up staying at the Motel 6 near the causeway...

If you do that, you'll have to either park outside the campground, or pay a $5 extra-vehicle fee for someone's site, to get into Serrano for the dinner & raffle.

Site 87

FYI looks like that loop is not available for Thursday night and before. It is also looks to be half full.

That is correct, I suspect they are opening the loop on that Friday. I suggest booking for Friday through your departure then settling Thursday's camping on site. When they see the site book up solid for Friday they may open it up.

Once Evening Star fills up start booking in Lake View.

Some Lakeview loop, and ONE double site in Evening Star, are open 4/30 & 5/1.

It looks like the other loops are open earlier in the season, and that so far they are holding Evening Star closed until the Friday of our event...

Back