• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFest Camping

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
As in the past few years our event will be based out of Twin Grove Park.

Here is their contact info:
Twin Grove Park Campground
1445 Suedberg Rd
Pine Grove, Pa. 17963
800-562-5471
(717)865-4602

Let them know that you will be there for the NAC-Fest event when you make your reservations. will have a group tent site reserved in the upper right-hand side of the campground (see campground map linked at bottom). The price for tent-camping in the group site will be $10/person per night. For tent camping only you do not have to call ahead just show up and tell them you are with group.

There is also very nice cabins to rent for your stay if you'd like as well. If you want to rent a cabin, the best bet is to call the campground directly to see what they have available.

FYI...I was there the past two weekends, and if the tent group is still "on the hill", expect to park your trailers in the main lot...they added two lodges and "disc golf" right thru the area, and the top of the field most everyone parked their trailers last year is now definitely off-limits. The tent areas are getting smaller, and the entire campround appears to be heading in a more upscale direction...(read: no more KOA affiliation, no more tenting). The new owner has bought up other grounds around the country and wants to make this a "glamping" place..we may eventually get pushed out altogether,

I dont think they will eliminate tent sites altogether, but the area we stayed at last year has shrunk with the addition of two more large lodges, and lord knows if they are putting yurts back up there again. Does anyone know if that is still the area for the group tenting, or has it shifted back to the "original" spot? I didnt mind the old one, as it was closer to the bathrooms, for sure, but either way, I'm convinced "quiet time" will be an important factor this year.

last year was really cool with the fire works, hope they do that again. Either way behave ourselves.

Is that the address I should put in my GPS to get there so I can set up camp? We are just tent camping. And it is separate from the off-road park right?

Last edited:
What's the fire and firewood situation at the campground? Such as campfires for cooking.

Should be a fire ring at each tent site. Wood I'm not sure - I get one of the nice, cushy cottages.

Firewood is available at the campground and off-site. I bring up enough to lend some out as well, dont bother lugging any out from O-HI-Oh, we'll get you hooked up.
Rich
P.S. Yes Rob, we know.

Re: Re: NACFest Camping

plus you spread alot of tree diseases and and tree killing bugs when transporting fire wood long distances like that.

Yea, some places have problems with ash borer beetles so I figure I would ask if there is firewood available there.

Yea, some places have problems with ash borer beetles so I figure I would ask if there is firewood available there.

yea ash bore is a big problem in NY, theres another one but I cant remember it now. in NY its illegal to transport firewood more than 50mi with out kiln drying it first.

I had thought of bringing some wood, but likely won't have room in my little car. Plus, it sounds like it might be illegal anyway.

David Bricker / SYR

Great! Thanks for the hospitality!

Just look for a skinny friendly geek with a humongous tent. That will more than likely be me. Glad to have you guys out here! I always try to pay back thru the 'NAC..., we went out to ColoradoFest 2 years ago and felt right at home, so I feel strongly that we do the same for you.
See you soon!
Rich and Carol

Back