• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food!

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
What's for dinner?

It looks like since we changed the venue Kayle666 may not be able to do teh food. Anybody able to step up and handle it?

Let me check with some people.

What do you guys want to eat?

how much are you willing to pay for dinner?

Do you want single serving or "All you can eat"?

Let me check with some people.

What do you guys want to eat?

how much are you willing to pay for dinner?

Do you want single serving or "All you can eat"?

Amurican food. burgers, dogs, pulled pork, ribs, mac n cheese, baked beans, slaw, mashed potatoes, etc.

do you take food stamps? if not, $3-10 depending on what it is. If its a ripoff, i'll be roasting weenies on my cb antenna over an open fire.

all i can eat!

I've yet to be disappointed by a SoCalfest meal. I'd like all you can eat, but that's probably why/because I'm 270 lbs...:D

$3-10 depending on what it is.

Wow Dan! Guess you'll be eating those dogs over the fire. I wanna say meal tickets last yr were $12-15 for all you can eat with a soad. And there was plenty of food for everyone. I'd gladly pay that again. Gotta figure someone is doing the cooking and bringing everything to do it.

It's been $10 for a (good sized) serving with a water or soda, and an extra $5 for refills, the last few years, with no complaints.

I suggest that we just feed ourselves. I would volunteer to do some shopping at Costco or Smart & Final. The menu would have to be kept simple. Burgers, dogs, salads, beans (a must for a campfire), sodas.

We would need people to bring some grills and such. And we'd need a pretty accurate head count.

I suggest beans (a must for a campfire)
You gonna go all Blazing Saddles on us, Johnny? :passgas:

We would need people to bring some grills and such. And we'd need a pretty accurate head count.
We could still pre-sell dinners in the NAXJA Store, which helps with the head count.

I have 40 pounds of bone in pork from a recent hunting trip I could donate. I suck at cooking though.
(Hopefully I have a working jeep by then as well)

Back