• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage, Carnage, Carnage!

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It really didn't seem like we had that much carnage this year.

JEEPFORCEONE:
Slave cylinder developed a leak on the drive up. Was able to wheel two days topping off the fluid a few times. Shortly after crossing Chinook it worsened, and would drain the system in seconds. Power shifted the whole way home.

Starter was a few threads away from falling off after reaching camp on the drive up. HWY12 must be a rough road.

While bombing through the 694 trees I must have tagged a stump, because my steering is 90 degrees off. Slightly bent drag link.

Lost all power to my dash. No HVAC, radio, 12V, etc. Haven't looked into it.

Picked up a sheet metal screw in my tire. That's the third one that tire's seen.

Buckled my B pillar, and smashed in a rear door. Jeeps now a permanent three door model. Lost it while exiting the crack, but I'm proud to say I was able to drive out of it.

Streetpirate walked up and ripped off my rear door handle just for the hell of it.

Any regrets? Hell no.

That's all I can think of at the moment. We'll see what I find when it gets the hose.

My Rig

1 driveshaft u-joint
1 TJ flare (on the way home)
1 rear upper shock mount

Wifes Rig

2 trackbar bolts
1 transmission cooling line

After a quick visual inspection of the jeep I found some carnage too:

-1 rear hatch window
-1 bent, brand new Currie Tie-rod, prob reason for the extreme death wobble at 10-12 miles/hour
-about 12 more dents
-the entire rain gutter on the drivers side is toast
-1 cb antena
-2 valve stems
-1 wheel cylinder

I bet I find more after I hose it off. All in all, it was a good trip. Definetly one for the record books.

driver side shaft/joint explosion
draglink sleeve
Both upper control arms
Trac bar (heim is toast, had to flatbed from yakima)
Passenger side B piller (rear window stops with 1" gap from top)
Mud flap
Rear bumper
Power steering Pump spews fluid(no power steering randomly)
rock chip in the windshield
Brake rotor needs turned (due to installation of wrong year Uni-bearing)
two missing JKS disco Clips

that's...uh.. It?

Lower control arms: drivers side had a hairline crack in the weld and the passengers side split conpletely around the body mount side bushing sleeve. I babied it but it still tore out and fell off. Secured and wrapped it with ratchet straps and drove it off the mountain and all the way back to camp.
Jamed my swaybar dico into my axle tube and ripped the other side retainer mount out.
Some how loosened the front left fender and whole front clip. Rattles like a mo-fo.
We'll see what else I find when a go over it tomorrow.

put a 7 degree bend in my disco d30 housing while jumping the jeep out of a drainage ditch at ~40mph. magically all the control arms are still straight, but the drivers lower loosened up on the frame side and had to be tightened on the drive home

Destroyed rear 44 aussie locker
Ripped off rear disc brake caliper
front drivers D30 axle shaft (goblazer I have a 297 one to ship you if you want)
passenger door some scratched and a little dent
drivers side back of front fender and a pillar crunched a little
drivers side pinch seam folded over the doors
drivers side rear glass broke out and some dents along the quarter panel
Blew 2 beads, of course an easy reseat
lost all lug nuts and sheered all the studs off the passenger rear

After our fawked up run the only damage I have is a blown front shock and paint rubbed off my cage

bent front bumper
bent rear tire carrier
multiple new front end noises.
Tranny is on its way out....maybe
clutch is getting more difficult to use for some reason

not to bad.

My Steering box is clunking and squeaking. My steering pump no-longer keeps up after it gets hot. cracked spot-welds on the newly installed 5-760 axle u-joints. Not too bad :)

While all of you guys were heading back home, my son and I set up a few RC comp courses on the rocks on the river bank about 1/2 way to Hwy 410.

My son blew out a rear driveline on one course (I made a temporary electrical tape fix, but will need to probably swap to heat shrink for a more permanent solution shortly :D).

It looks like I might have destroyed my brushless motor. I will have to strip it all apart and see what the issue is. I think I have a spare motor I can swap in.

No other carnage for us. What a great weekend!

Michael

While all of you guys were heading back home, my son and I set up a few RC comp courses on the rocks on the river bank about 1/2 way to Hwy 410.

My son blew out a rear driveline on one course (I made a temporary electrical tape fix, but will need to probably swap to heat shrink for a more permanent solution shortly :D).

It looks like I might have destroyed my brushless motor. I will have to strip it all apart and see what the issue is. I think I have a spare motor I can swap in.

No other carnage for us. What a great weekend!

Michael

whoa whoa.. You're getting a little 2xtreme:dunce:

I scratched my paint and broke my marker light. But then my rig wasn't cute.:roflmao:But seriously thanks for letting me tag along, I had a great time with everyone.:thumbup: If you guys buy enough shifters then I can build a killer Jeep for next year.:D

None. Well my passenger doors don't close as well as they did before, but I don't care. I doubt anyone will ever ride in it ever again.

After a quick visual inspection of the jeep I found some carnage too:

-1 rear hatch window
-1 bent, brand new Currie Tie-rod, prob reason for the extreme death wobble at 10-12 miles/hour
-about 12 more dents
-the entire rain gutter on the drivers side is toast
-1 cb antena
-2 valve stems
-1 wheel cylinder

I bet I find more after I hose it off. All in all, it was a good trip. Definetly one for the record books.

just realized that both my rear shocks are blown....

Wow the carnage doesn't sound like it was as body damaging this year as in years past.

But it's a perfect reminder why there's a hidden cost to wheeling beyond the vehicle itself and gas. Hopefully closer to September I'll be able to get out once or twice before my wheeling is put on lock again for school.

I love these threads though, reading them is a great way to think of weak links and things to go-over and check before trips.

Wow the carnage doesn't sound like it was as body damaging this year as in years past.

But it's a perfect reminder why there's a hidden cost to wheeling beyond the vehicle itself and gas. Hopefully closer to September I'll be able to get out once or twice before my wheeling is put on lock again for school.

I love these threads though, reading them is a great way to think of weak links and things to go-over and check before trips.

Thats because you werent there to roll:gee:

Body damage was at a minimum this year except, the full body guys that went on the hard run saturday, Dustins rig, when he fell in the crack and dented his B-pillar and Im sure there was other small damage

surprisingly for one of the guys that went on "that run" on saturady i ended up coming out pretty good considering i guess its probably cause im full width so it helped save everything some so here it goes

passenger door some scratched and a little dent
drivers side pinch seam folded over the doors
drivers side rear glass broke out and some dents above the window
a couple dents in the driver side doors
and a tail light

nothing mechancially went wrong at all with the drivetrain or suspension
all it all i made out pretty good

Back