• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Activities - What do you want to see happen?

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Aside from the wheeling, dinner, raffle, and BS'ing,what else would you like to see happen at NWF this year?

I'll admit we talk about this every year, and it seems like finding time for these things is next to impossible, but I'd like to try it again this year.

So does anyone have any ideas for things to do during the evenings, or even during the trail runs?

Possible ideas:
-Team Challenge: We've done this the past two years, and it's always a fun time. I'd be willing to give some thought to a new challenge, and implement some new rules for this year if people are interested.
-RC Crawl: I know last year several brought their RC crawlers out in hopes of a little friendly competition. If there's interest maybe we could head down to the river one evening and design a course. Another thought is head up to Moon Rocks, and plot the course up there.
-Photo Scavenger Hunt: This idea was brought to me from the PNWJ M&G last year. I love taking pictures on the trail, and I think this could be a lot of fun for the drivers/passengers. There would be prizes involved...

Opinions? Volunteers?

First of all I think we all need name tags! "HELLO-My name is Rory" That would make getting to know each other easier. :laugh:
Have you guys ever done a swap meet? Bring your junk, sell it use the money to buy Raffle tickets?:D
Thanks for listening.
"Goodbye-My name is Rory"

I can help people tune their CB antennas. I'm certainly not an expert but this can improve everyone's trail experience.

Along with having a carnage trophy, How about initiating a Cowbell for "that guy".. I've been there, most of us have been there.. No matter what you did to prepare for the trip, the jeep just has other plans..

It's a situation where you just have to laugh at the person.. and the bell lets them know they are not alone, It happens to everyone, this is just YOUR TURN..

Love the photo scavenger hunt idea aswell as the Name tag idea.. Team challenge Got scary out of control last year, But i think this year will be alot more tame.. so i also like the idea.

........ Team challenge Got scary out of control last year,.......
I agree is was a race so it gets competitive.
How abot a Trials type event team challenge, you know like crawl over something, run down the length of a log, balance beam, slow techinical stuff etc. If you can't complete in say an allotted time or tries you get points, "0" points wins.

Team challenge Got scary out of control last year..
New rules and possibly a different time frame would be used this year. If you get a bunch of guys and their Jeeps together and say race, $#!t gets real. :D

First of all I think we all need name tags! "HELLO-My name is Rory" That would make getting to know each other easier. :laugh:
Have you guys ever done a swap meet? Bring your junk, sell it use the money to buy Raffle tickets?:D
Thanks for listening.
"Goodbye-My name is Rory"

We're trying to revamp the check in system, and name tags will definitely be put on the list.

If you want to yard out your old junk, your more then welcome to. Just make sure it goes home with either you or the new owner. Maybe a new "NWF Swapmeet" thread could be started to gauge interest on those items.

Only problem with name tags, is well, people lose them or just dont wear them. I brought this up before, but I think I will be bringing some window chalk, this way everyone can mark their rig with their username and real name.

Last edited:
Only problem with name tags, is well people lose them or just dont wear them. I brought this up before, but I think I will be bringing some window chalk, this way everyone can mark their rig with their username and real name.
Now that is a cool idea, I'm not afraid of who I am. So it would say "R.DesJardin-Rory DesJardin":confused1

of course this may lead to some shenanigans:scottm:

Team challenge Got scary out of control last year, But i think this year will be alot more tame.. so i also like the idea.

Maybe earlier in the day, and a NO drinking rule (for the driver)
But it shouldn't be a problem this year by the looks of who's going...

And cowbell

I think I will be bringing some window chalk, this way everyone can mark their rig with their username and real name.
I like that!

using iPhone Tapatalk

definatly need more cow bell...

was plannin on bringin my rc's and maybe my xr600

as for the swap meet. i can bring that center console eliminator for ya rory :)

Last edited:
Team event earlier in the evening (before raffle maybe?) to cut down on the drinking. Something slow and challenging like crawling over a wood pile without disturbing the wood (wood :anon: cut down on the :passgas:)

I like the RC crawl idea (like last year). My son and I will bring our crawlers and I will bring cones to set up a course if others are interested. There are some great places to do it down by the river on the slab rock! The hard part is finding the time.

I also like the window paint and name tags idea.

I also like the story telling by some individuals. Maybe 1 or 2 people from each group telling a story (usually 1 sided) about one of the groups on the trail during the day or days prior).

We have done the swap meet in the past and sometimes it works, sometimes it is a PIA. I recommend selling prior to the event and trading at the event.

I really enjoyed the team challenge until it got totally out of control last year.

Michael

How about personalized nwfest t-shirts? Provide the option to have user names added to the shirts this year. That way everyone has the option to do so. There by making it easier to know who people are. Just as an option I bet a lot of people would go for it.

I like the chalk to write the names...and aarons idea of possibly having user names on the t_shirts,
I like the idea of having the team competition thing earlier and announcing it at the raffle...that way everyone is coherent.
I really like the photo idea too!
Well that's my 2 cents.

I like the chalk to write the names...and aarons idea of possibly having user names on the t_shirts,
I like the idea of having the team competition thing earlier and announcing it at the raffle...that way everyone is coherent.
I really like the photo idea too!
Well that's my 2 cents.
You're wheeling the WJ riiiight?:firedevil

We should get Team Petty Cash to bring the race XJ to the rocks. It has teh stickies now so it should be fine

Back