• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt a Newb feedback

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
I need to hear from the BB's and the Newbs that did this this year, pros and cons, was it worth doing? should it happen next year?

My newb missed the time zone change, plus I ended up changing a 20 year old starter in my rig as the Sat groups rolled out.

dan

I need to hear from the BB's and the Newbs that did this this year, pros and cons, was it worth doing? should it happen next year?

My newb missed the time zone change, plus I ended up changing a 20 year old starter in my rig as the Sat groups rolled out.

dan

I'll be late to my own funeral, trust me on this one.

I wish I would of made it on time bc I was looking forward to the whole BB/Newb thing. Hope you guys do it again next year... and maybe I'll even show up on time next go round.

I really never got the chance to take the newb out on the trails with his own jeep, but I tried to show them a good time and at least show them some features and trails of the park. I was happy to have Dustin ride with me on the harder climbs, kindof give him an idea of what to expect next year.
I am just happy that they enjoyed our company and had a good time, according to them.:D I hope to do this again next year. Dustin, if you want to do this again next year, let me know and I will gladly help ya out.

Andy was self sufficient with a well built Jeep. He didn't need me, and it's a good thing, because my junk was broken both afternoons.

I feel like I kind of let my newb down a little. Being that I'm always talking to someone, buying something from somebody, selling something or just plain catching up from the year past...I was bouncing a lot and even Meganne and Patrick were left asking "Where the hell did Josh go?!"

Though he did listen to me and trust his rig when I told what it could do...I forgot to tell him it could run into trees even though it shouldn't. I guess that's one of my experiences I had to pass along? Either way, I'm glad it wasn't as bad as mine and he kept his cool. I just hope he's not scared away.

Good meeting you, Xin!

Not at all Josh. I guess it's only because I didn't pay
attention to steering wheel while hitting the gas, and
it's too late when I realized it's losing traction.

Thanks for taking me to the trails and giving the
advices, and to Craig, Bob and John (and many
others) for all your help. It's been a great experience
and I'll definitely keep doing it.

I feel like I kind of let my newb down a little. Being that I'm always talking to someone, buying something from somebody, selling something or just plain catching up from the year past...I was bouncing a lot and even Meganne and Patrick were left asking "Where the hell did Josh go?!"

Though he did listen to me and trust his rig when I told what it could do...I forgot to tell him it could run into trees even though it shouldn't. I guess that's one of my experiences I had to pass along? Either way, I'm glad it wasn't as bad as mine and he kept his cool. I just hope he's not scared away.

Good meeting you, Xin!

I had a great time, Nate was great when I had questions about this or that. I probably didn't need a BB looking back on it as everyone turned out to be more friendly and helpful then I expected. For someone new to offroading I would recommend it. I met a lot of good people and had a great time. I will be at winterfest 2012!

I am glad I didn't follow in my BB footsteps as far as damage and breakage :)

I really never got the chance to take the newb out on the trails with his own jeep, but I tried to show them a good time and at least show them some features and trails of the park. I was happy to have Dustin ride with me on the harder climbs, kindof give him an idea of what to expect next year.
I am just happy that they enjoyed our company and had a good time, according to them.:D I hope to do this again next year. Dustin, if you want to do this again next year, let me know and I will gladly help ya out.

I liked the adopt a newbie program even though I didnt get to wheel. Me and the gf both had a good time thanks to Kim and Jenny. I would be up to doing it next year and I would be more than happy to have Kim as my BB again next year.

I liked the adopt a newbie program even though I didnt get to wheel. Me and the gf both had a good time thanks to Kim and Jenny. I would be up to doing it next year and I would be more than happy to have Kim as my BB again next year.

the advantage you have next year is that you now know what it's all about, you know people and can put faces to names, you now should feel comfortable to still 'tag along' with these people you've met with out having a BB, there's always someone to give you advice on what to do and to give a spot. We all need spotting from time to time.

Keep in mind that we all feed off each other on the build of our Jeeps, pm's, phone calls, whatever for advice. you've broke the ice, now you're one of us.

as always, supporting the group by making your name red is always a good thing.

Dustin, now that your are red, there is no turning back. You need to get ahold of Haleys and arrange a visit to the farm. There will be sheep there.

the advantage you have next year is that you now know what it's all about, you know people and can put faces to names

I didnt meet a lot of people but I understand that was partially due to me only being there saturday and not staying for the fire. I was also kind of nervious just because I was a new guy but the one I did meet were nothing but nice and helpfull. I guess I may not need a BB next year but you like to get a chance to wheel with Kimmer and and some of the others from the group we were with sat, they all seemed like a lot of good people. I do hope to be able to attend both days next year and stay overnight atleast on night to enjoy the festivities around the fire:cheers:

Dustin, now that your are red, there is no turning back. You need to get ahold of Haleys and arrange a visit to the farm. There will be sheep there.

LOL, but I perfer goats. I like that they play hard to get if that is the type of sheep experience you were refering.

and dan sorry again I forgot that dang service cart.

Back