• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you need to get done?

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Gearing up for the trip and made a list of everything I need/want to finish up before the trip. I didn't realize how much there was until I wrote it all down.

- pay for NAXJA membership again...
- install tailbone tire carrier
- swap in new to me rock rails
- swap in rear shafts
- mount and balance new tires
- install currie steering
- replace muffler
- watch someone weld on my mini skids and tac on some tabs to mount my ZJ soft lines to.

Josh

Rebuild front axle.
Installed bench built rear axle.
Get time off work.
Get money.
OH cooling system.

Let's see......

Brakes! Discs in rear, new hardlines. Hopefully front are OK
Install second battery and isolation setup
Alignment
Bumpstops
Buy beer:cheers:

Sounds like you need to fire up the bbq get some beer and have a wrenching party. I would be up to help out, depending on the weekend.

Josh

All of this "should" go relatively quick. The Leafs are still attached to the rear axel, the steering and everything is still bolted to the front axel.

Here is the actual list (not in order):
1. Install Frame Stiffeners
2. Cut mounting plates off Rock Rails
3. Install Rock Rails (weld on)
4. Install TnT Suspension which includes cutting off LCA Brackets
5. Swap T-Case (old T-case has SYE)
6. Install Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier - requires cut and fold of lower qtr panels
7. Install Front Bumper
8. Install Winch
9. Install CB

All of this won't happen until I go through the axels and make sure everything is ok. I haven't had a real chance to make sure nothing is broke or bent after the roll. I also need to take a apart the T-Case. It wouldn't stay in 4 Low so I need to make sure the gears and everything are ok.

With some good help this is two solid days of work. I have had alot of volunteers step up which is GREATLY appreciated. I will keep you guys posted and I will DEFINITELY light up the Q and treat you guys to some kick a$$ ribs.

Thanks,
Mark

Oh god.
-Rear main seal
-Tranny fluid
-Install the new tie rod
-Buy IRO long arms. Install, cut off lca mounts.
-Get a rear 8.25 with 4.56 gears (I have one, im just waiting for it to be available.)
-Get my front d30 HP regeared to match.
-New ball joints, upper bushing, lca skids
-Shim rear axle
-Add a leaf the rear packs
-Bumpstop, trim the inside of my fenders
-Maybe get some 265/75's.

I got a job again though!

Im not coming home this summer, just work, work on jeep, work, work on jeep, and so on.

Damn Mark. Sorry I never saw that thread. When you plan the wrenching party, let me know. I might be able to come and help. Oh and most of all, glad you and your son are okay!

Yeah - it sucks big time but outside of a sore neck and some bruises everyone was ok.

Thanks for the offer :) I will set up a seperate post when I plan on getting this done. Like I said, it should only take a day to get the suspension and T-Case on. Especially if I have help from folks I can trust and don't need to baby sit - hahaha

:thumbup: - pay for NAXJA membership again...
:thumbup: - install tailbone tire carrier
- swap in new to me rock rails
- swap in rear shafts
:thumbup: - mount and balance new tires
:thumbup: - install currie steering
- replace muffler
- watch someone weld on my mini skids and tac on some tabs to mount my ZJ soft lines to.

Well I am half way there....

Josh

start loading gear into a massive pile.
install new rear u-bolts.
install hockey pucks in front coils.
pray my t&t long arms show up in time to install them.

Back