• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slick Rock night run

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
I'm posting this up to see if there is any interest in doing a night run on Slick Rock, probably Thursday or Friday evening. This trail is short and not far from Hermit Valley so its not an all-nighter.

Any takers?

i am game. that sounds like fun.

If only you did not have to air up between Slick Rock and the camp at Hermit Valley . . .

A night run on Slick Rock could be fun!

Do you have to air down for Slick Rock?
That would be a bumpy ride at 30psi, you might loose a filling.

And if you want to play on the funner lines at the end:
SR7_07_1004.jpg

SR7_07_1088.jpg

SR7_07_1049.jpg

Slick Rock is not that hard, but aired up would bring the suck!

Id be interested as well!

I guess this means I actually have to install my rock lights though. Add one more thing to the list.

How far away is Slick Rock? Would airing down to 10psi be a good alternative for both street and trail?

I am down for a night run! I likely will not air up to head back to camp...especially for running Deer Valley the next morning.

Sounds like fun, Count me in!

Im up for it! Do you think we could do it wednesday or thursday night? I usually dont air up between Hermit Valley and Slick Rock. Just take it really slow. There is air at the Bear Valley gas station too.

hey guys im really interested in this night run/sierra fest. Im on 31's and 3.5" of lift. Think i could make it? i have rocksliders (well they are coming in 2moro) and front and soon to be rear recovery.

Also im confused about the sierra fest. Is it a week long thing? what exactly is it? do i have to be a paying member. Thanks guys, and cant wait to get out there and meet some of you

Im up for it! Do you think we could do it wednesday or thursday night?

I'd rather not do it on Wednesday since that is the first night for a lot of us and we'll be wanting to get settled in. I'm shooting for Thursday or Friday night depending on number of people that want to go and if there are other evening activities on Friday such as potluck/raffle/etc. We can finalize this later closer to the event.

Alright. FWIW, I have to leave Friday morning, so Thursday night would be best for me. But you don't need to plan around me.

So the base camp is in hermit valley at the base of the deer valley trail entrance correct? Will we return to this camp every night?

hey guys im really interested in this night run/sierra fest. Im on 31's and 3.5" of lift. Think i could make it? i have rocksliders (well they are coming in 2moro) and front and soon to be rear recovery.

Requirements for the daytime run on Sunday is 31" tires.

I have not posted rig requirements for this run (yet) as I think it will be more on a case by case basis. Because it is a night run that involves rock crawling you should be aware that the risk for damage is higher than during the daytime. Smaller rigs are certainly capable enough but the driver should also know his rig well enough or be reasonably comfortable with wheeling at night. For that reason I am going to suggest that if you are very new to off-roading or have never been rock crawling before that you do not go on this run.

I want to encourage people to go that want a little more of a challenge but at the same time I don't want to get some people in over their heads.

Back