• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strawberry Pass Run - Wed July 21

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
This run is open to Newbie's and the more Seasoned Wheelers. If you are a Newby, do not worry, I or someone in the group are more than willing to spot when and where ever you need it.

When: Wednesday July21st
Where: Strawberry Pass OHV Trail - HIGHWAY 50 Side.
Departure Time: 10:30am
Trail Details: The trail is approximately 10 miles (one way) and should take about three hours. Once we get to Highway 88 near Kirkwood it is only an hour drive to Hermit Campground, where we will camp for the entire trip.

More Trail Details:
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=9

Minimum Requirements:
1. 3" of lift
2. 31's (all terrains or muds)
3. Front & Rear Tow Points

Good to have (but not required):
1. Rocker Protection
2. Locker ('s)

Last edited:
Pics from our Strawberry trip in 2008

The lift and tire requirements for this run will be somewhat flexible as most of the more difficult stuff is optional. PM me if you don't make the listed requirements and would like to go.

optional rock pile
Picture_113.jpg

The rock that would push you into painted rock had moved when we went and was not an issue.
DSCF0842.jpg

Most of the trail is fairly easy
stp82975.jpg

Come out, bring the family and meet some great people...

No doubt. Where are we going to meet up?

I am about 75% there. I may be driving up on Wednesday.

We will be meeting off of Highway 50 at mile marker 42. This is between the towns of
Kyburz and Strawberry, Kyburz being the last town you will go through.

Although I believe you can gas up in Kyburz i would not count on it and I would fill up in Placerville. There is also a gas station after the trail on our way to camp.

I was going to post something about Opie having a good time with Rocky when I realized I actually was at that run!

Are we meeting at the trail head before meeting at Hermit Valley? Or will we meet at Hermit Valley and then go to Strawberry Pass?

Are we meeting at the trail head before meeting at Hermit Valley? Or will we meet at Hermit Valley and then go to Strawberry Pass?

The plan is to meet at the trailhead on Highway 50. I figured this was the best option sense everyone is coming from different directions.

I will be heading out of Sacramento and will get there early. All are welcome to meet p with me for the drive up. I will give more details when and where as we get closer.

Josh

The plan is to meet at the trailhead on Highway 50. I figured this was the best option sense everyone is coming from different directions.

I will be heading out of Sacramento and will get there early. All are welcome to meet p with me for the drive up. I will give more details when and where as we get closer.

Josh

Cool. I'll meet up with you someplace on Hwy 50 and Hazel if that is possible.

Back