• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things I learned at Colofest 06

1. Lines that I can walk open on dry slickrock, on wet, Colorado smooth granite I get denied with front and rear lockers.
2. It's worth it to spend the money for good airlines.
3. The reason I originally wanted electric lockers was valid.

Fred

1. Getting a "lodge" to stay in was a really good idea
  2. A "lodge" is a small cabin that has no furnature, ply-wood walls, and a bed with no sheets or pillows.
  3. I couldn't have picked a "lodge" that was further from the CoFest group.
  4. My hearing must suck because everyone else seemed to hear "...donated by T&T Customs" except me.
  5. A vehicle that had oil in it a week ago doesn't necessarily have oil in it this week...
  6. After running Blanca, Jaws 1, 2, 2.5, and 3 shall now be referred to as Nemo 1, 2, 2.5, and 3.
  7. The media used on my camera is "old school" and is no longer manufactured so my 32 mb cards will have to do.
  8. A Mummy bag purchased when I was in High-school can be a little small 13 years and 30 lbs later - and still can be slept in for 4 nights

1. 1.5 year old little girls don't like sleeping in tents.
2. 32" tires and an 8.8 hang low.
3. I really need to take my vacation during Colorado Fest because 2 days is not enough.
4. Never park in front of a trail head.
5. Scorpion 4x4's need a little tug sometimes too.

jwtrapper said:
5. Scorpion 4x4's need a little tug sometimes too.

Never hurts to have some proof. ;)

stuck.jpg

I drink a lot more water in Colorado than I do in Mich. That's because it rains everyday in Co. Didn't help not having doors on the XJ and having my tent leak. Oh well water is good for you.

Led can get anyone through Carnage Canyon.

All the people and trails were great but not quite the same without B-loose and Yella Heep on them too.

Baked beans rule in CO.

Find someone who has room to store the 96 Classic so I don't have to trailer it out west every year and spend my life's savings on gas.

I know who to call if I ever need to change my rear leaf springs again in a campground.

96 Classic said:
I know who to call if I ever need to change my rear leaf springs again in a campground.

Boy I guess! That was a quick swap from what I hear.

But I doubt you got the same number of eager volunteers as BLoose did when he let 'em at his rig with blades and cutting wheels last year..... Like vultures on a carcass! :D

96 Classic said:
Justin and I started walking up the hill to help out with the swap... got halfway up and here he comes driving down! :shocked:

Light a fire under his ass and he can seriously move!!! Might have been his Mt. Dew lunch...

Back