• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chinamans 08.13.05 [pics/vid]

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't able to take a the whole week off of work, so I just went down to lead the chinaman's gulch trail on saturday. I think we had about 16 rigs. Everyone was super cool and we didn't have a single problem.

Thanks again to Bob for all the help he provided.....and to Tony for shooting a lot of the video.

(right click, save target as)
http://www.projectxj.com/videos/chinamans2.wmv

On the drive out, traffic came to a complete stop on 285:
IMG_6539.jpg

They had to land a flight for life chopper to take care of this:
IMG_6542.jpg

I had the chance to check out chris' rig in person for the first time. Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around for the next day to run carnage with him. :(
IMG_6545.jpg

The crew as we staged for the run:
IMG_6547.jpg

The small rock garden:
IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

Me sizing up the waterfall. I made it the last time I was out, but I got denied this time. :(
IMG_6574.jpg

Terry showing off his new paint with ghost flames:
IMG_6590.jpg

Close call with a tree:
IMG_6615.jpg

Fortunately, we got done soon enough that I was able to watch most of the XJs go out the exit of carnage. It was cool to see how well they did....and it was especially cool to watch chris' rig perform. Check out that suspension working:
IMG_6622.jpg

All in all we had a great time and I'm glad I made it out there. :)

I had a great time!!! It was so cool running one of the toughest trails in Colorado with so many CLEAN XJs. Great job goes out to Led for some terrific spotting and for all the people involved in getting this all toghther.

Heres some of the pic I have:

Heres some from Chinamans on sunday:

Back