• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things We Learned at NACFest 2014

RC is like a larger better version of the Badlands.

Wheeling the RC parking lot in a 2014 GC will set the "service 4wd system" warning.

Some ghost towns only have ghosts and no town.

A dirt mound doesn't make a very good road block

Harbor Freight sells really crappy air compressors

Air lockers don't work without air

A T-case can make a lot of noise for a very long time and still work

Choking someone is a good way to get a bottle to the skull

In the movies someone being choked goes for the hands choking them, in really life they try to hit you with a bottle. Hitting someone with a bottle works better at getting them to stop than grabbing at their hands.

Having a bonfire next to a drop off isn't a great idea

Yurts suck!

B

-My jeep sucks
-I suck at driving
-My tires are too small
-My jeep likes to fall over on its DS

damn you took mine.....you suck.....

-coming to NacFest with no jeep is kind of a letdown
-seeing everyone again was not
-young black bears are kind of cute, but less so when your fiancee cant sleep because of them
-Stephan apparently sees nothing unusual about a bear being in the campground, even though we never see any ground mammals there

there was some weird deer snorting at 3am on Sunday near the fire pit. I was perturbed.

i think the only thing i learned is, allot of you guys love wearing Jorts!

I learned that Rausch Creek is an expensive place to go wheeling.

Rausch Creek is the same type of terrain as the Badlands, but different...and bigger.

I enjoyed wheeling the park on my third trip after only seeing the parking lot my first two trips.

I wished for the campground to be closer to the park.

Land Rovers can wheel, but they were different in the camel trophy.

Always pay attention to the trail, not your cell phone monitoring your OBD2 widget.

Bob Loose must have lost a bet, the last three times I've seen him he's had NAC people in his rig.

I don't always win at a NAXJA raffle.

Golf cart always comes in handy.

A campground with a pool will keep the wife/kid occupied while out wheeling.

Next time I will spend more time at the campfire.

Had a blast, hope to make it out again.

mac 'no longer a NACfest virgin' gyvr

- When wheeling a WJ near any type of rock be sure to bring a spare lower tie rod set up. Because NOTHING else within phone range will work even remotely well to get the tires straight enough to drive out on its own.

- In the event you do find something long enough to use as a tie rod, make sure youre at a spot where you can drive out in 2wd because surely you've toasted at least one CV axle...

- MrShaft's jeep is a rolling Harbor Freight catalog...and Im thankful for it!

- Lastly..I miss wheeling my XJ and having my own Jeep at RC. Also i want a bronco now.

- When wheeling a WJ near any type of rock be sure to bring a spare lower tie rod set up. Because NOTHING else within phone range will work even remotely well to get the tires straight enough to drive out on its own.

- In the event you do find something long enough to use as a tie rod, make sure youre at a spot where you can drive out in 2wd because surely you've toasted at least one CV axle...

- MrShaft's jeep is a rolling Harbor Freight catalog...and Im thankful for it!

- Lastly..I miss wheeling my XJ and having my own Jeep at RC. Also i want a bronco now.

haha im working on mounting my harbor freight jack, so i don't have to use the stupid hi lift so much anymore. Remember don't shop without a coupon.

next time we should look into the red neck tow truck method.....

Back