• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What can be done to make WF better?

This was my third winter fest; well make that second “official”
(Last year I went to Bloosefest) :)
I agree with previous posts we should have nametags with both screen & real names also a program sent out via email or posted so people can print out,this would have all the scheduled times and places to meet the trail types and recommended rig equipment for each trail, also CB channels to contact trial leaders if you arrive late also maybe?
I also like the idea posted about tier participation fees. It may seem petty but some folks are really strapped for cash and if they can save some cash well that’s cool.

My opinion is that we should be polite to non-registered participants and welcome them if they fall in line on the trail. Besides the event being a fund raising event, it is also there to encourage membership and participation with the Chapter. I am sure that those who are made to feel welcome will make it a point to return, and hopefully support the chapter.

That being said, I do feel it is only fair to our sponsors that only registered participants be allowed the "perks" of the event. These include the lunch, dinner, and raffle.

I have always felt a published "general" agenda would be a benefit. This would give everyone a heads up when and where things are going to happen.

Thanks Mike, and the rest of the Planning Committe, for yet another great Winterfest!

Les

Haleyes said:
WF will be in Attica as long as I am MWC President.

Hale

:clap:

I saw nothing glaringly wrong. A little more communication on times and places would be nice but otherwise it was all good. I am sooooo glad that WF has returned to its rightful place. Fun times, fun people, couldn't expect much more.

B

With this being my first WF i thought everything went good. The only thing i could see is posting up a time schedule for when we are all suppose to meet for wheeling and everything. Other than that it was a great time for me.

BOB said:
maybe once a member pays and registers, they are given a choice of EASY (green) MEDIUM (orange) or DIFFICULT (pink) trails. The member makes that decision and is then given the trail leaders name and then that trail leader acts as a Big Brother to the member answering all questions via public forum or Private messages. I believe this would also help the trail leader with evaluating what abilities of each individual vehicle ahead of time. Maybe even find a better suited trail for the member. True noobs would benefit most from this.

BOB
I like this idea. I think that for WF@ Flatnasty it was on the pre registration page.

I think we could even go so far as to put recommended gear on the pre reg page.

Easy: Stock to 31's
Medium: 31's to 33's locker recommended

and so on and so forth.

LBEXJ said:
My opinion is that we should be polite to non-registered participants and welcome them if they fall in line on the trail. Besides the event being a fund raising event, it is also there to encourage membership and participation with the Chapter. I am sure that those who are made to feel welcome will make it a point to return, and hopefully support the chapter.

don't forget, our organization has a little insurance policy and we need to have signed waivers for everyone in an official event group. need to make sure we follow those rules.

IntrepidXJ said:
don't forget, our organization has a little insurance policy and we need to have signed waivers for everyone in an official event group. need to make sure we follow those rules.

Correct!

I attempted to explain that in a friendly manner to the group that was there.

Haleyes said:
Correct!

you handled that matter as well as it could have been.
so long as you sign the waiver you get to ride.
Don't sign, don't ride.

X2 If they cant understand that without a temper tantrum then......:wave1:

Haleyes said:
Correct!

We understood what you were trying to say. That's why we went on our own way after it was obvious that there was a problem w/us.

mcnamaag said:
X2 If they cant understand that without a temper tantrum then......:wave1:

Temper tantrum? What thread are you following? No body had a temper tantrum. I tried to explain the sequent of events through some miscomunicating. I thought that was established about 2 pages ago....numerous others came on here and said the same thing.

I don't post much so I'm not good w/the smiley things...maybe that's it. If I had some time to figure how to add a smiley to this edit I would :eek:)

Cool!! I did it!

Last edited:
87manche said:
you handled that matter as well as it could have been.
so long as you sign the waiver you get to ride.
Don't sign, don't ride.

Open Park = Everyone rides as long as they sign the Badlands waiver.

As far as NAXJAs event insurance, it doen't cover any of you personally, just the Organization. If you, by an act of personal negligence mess up somebodys junk or life, you could be personally held financially responsible. Luckily, most folks are pretty cool about these things and just take it as part of the game.

An Open Park also means you have the responsiblilty to share the trail with other park users.

I'm not sure if you want to go as far as put a big sign on the last Jeep that states "Stay back 1000ft, Private trail Run in Progress" :rolleyes:

Next year, just rent the Park, or work out a deal with management so that everyone also signs your waivers also.

But that's just my 2 cents. Hale and I have PM'd back and forth about this, and I don't see an issue. What has passed has passed, and it's time to move on.

Ron

P.S. Steve, you need to relax ;)

Last edited:
Yes ... Thank you Ron for explaining the "open park" issue. I'll also add that this very issue has been cover in at least one other thread involving other club events, with the same conclusion.

IMHO, the "signed waiver" does not prevent litigation anyway, even against the organization. And if an issue went that far, win or lose, the cost is going to make only the lawyers the winners in the end.

Les

BTW: If anyone is "really" concerned about liability, why do we allow drinking at the campfire, which we advertise and encourage everyone to attend. And don't tell me this "is not part of the event" according to "doyle".

Last edited:
I'd like to see a fresh face handle the registration next year... the guy you had this year was a jerk.

Lawn Cher' said:
I'd like to see a fresh face handle the registration next year... the guy you had this year was a jerk.

I thought he/she was kinda sweet! ;)

Les

WI88XJ said:
Temper tantrum? What thread are you following? No body had a temper tantrum. I tried to explain the sequent of events through some miscomunicating. I thought that was established about 2 pages ago....numerous others came on here and said the same thing.

I don't post much so I'm not good w/the smiley things...maybe that's it. If I had some time to figure how to add a smiley to this edit I would :eek:)

Cool!! I did it!

I was just razzin you man. cool. :cheers:

No more than anyone else. :D Some times its good to break up all the seriousness(sp?) Kinda keep emotion levels at bay.:roflmao:

Back