• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

phew....almost got the turdy trussed

Skullver

Still Flailing
thing is a pig now, shouldn't have too many problems with the housing at least.
Happy Holidays!
IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

still got some more to do but maybe if my "helper" didn't drink so much last night i would have gotten a bit more done...he was useless:)

IMG_1688.jpg

at least you can move him around with that pallet jack lol.

how long are these on backorder, i want one :D nice work Chris! looks beefy.

at least you can move him around with that pallet jack lol.

how long are these on backorder, i want one :D nice work Chris! looks beefy.

That gave me a good laugh, he is still there...maybe I'll go fawk around with him some more. I have a .40cal blowdart gun with some plastic "stunners" time to go pelt him a bit:)

Thing took me FOREVER to make, especially only one day a week, maybe a few years?
Cheers

you could always take some heavy scrap, weld it into a bridge, and use the pallet jack to set it over him, pinning him there :D then lock up the shop and fire off an air horn to wake him up. good times :cheers:

eeesh...concrete floors are COLD.

permanent markers work good too, for drawing things upon exposed body parts.

looks good Chris

you could always take some heavy scrap, weld it into a bridge, and use the pallet jack to set it over him, pinning him there :D then lock up the shop and fire off an air horn to wake him up. good times :cheers:

or just give him a culdosac haircut and shave "XJ" on the back of his head :D
dont know how to spell ^ that, wheres ted wen ya need him haha! just kiddin man :D

Funny, yup that is the Birdman Tom, hard to hide that brow isn't it:) Looking forward to it, been a long haul but almost there!

we messed with him for a little while but he is no fun, he barely even moved the whole time, he did end up eventually waking up and he just sort of disappeared again.

I still have the Leduc D30 but not sure what the plans are, if any, with that.

Internals will be alloy shafts and open diff so hopefully it will survive for a little while at least.

Happy Holidays all!

That thing is looking pretty beefy.... Good Job..

Why do some people truss on the bottom and other people truss the top?? Jeep Speed vs Rock Crawling??

E

That thing is looking pretty beefy.... Good Job..

Why do some people truss on the bottom and other people truss the top?? Jeep Speed vs Rock Crawling??

E

Thanks

A bottom truss will always be stronger, but it does eat up ground clearance so I guess it is personal preference to a degree.

Chris, thats some sweet fabin. Your stuff always looks good.

Thanks for sharing pics of your Axle Art.

Back