• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Offroad?

cjstefan

NAXJA Forum User
Hows it going everyone. I'm seriously considering IRO when it's time for my lift. I've read a ton of reviews on them but it always (literally) turns into a discussion about their la camber adjustment bracket. Well, I just want their 4" coils, 3.5" leaves, extended shackles and ds trackbar setup. Does anybody have any long term reviews of how their springs and trackbar have held up? I'm piecing the rest of my lift together from other vendors so I'm not interested in hearing (good/bad)about anything else except the three parts that I posted about. Thanks so much for any help. Oh yeah, if there are any better companies for those three parts, who are they? Thanks again

I have their track bar and love it. Pure beef. I also have their long arms and love them. No issues.

IRO makes very good and very heavy duty parts. Their LA camber adjustment is goofy, and IMO there are better options. I have the IRO HD DS track bar, and have installed the IRO short control arms and springs in a buddies XJ.

My wife runs their track bar and front coils on her wj. Track bar has been problem free for 3 years and 4+ trips through the rubicon. Coils have held up for the same abuse with no appreciable sag.

Their coils and leafs seem to be good, trackbar is a little cheesy I thought but it held up great. Wouldn't touch their long arms with a 10 foot pole. And yes, I have ran them. Had their full 6.5" long arm setup.

Throw in a shackle relocation if you don't already have one and your good to go!

I have their 3.5" leafs on the adjustable boomerang shackles netting me about 4.5" and the ride is very smooth. Night and day compared to my last build with 4.5" Rusty's leafs.

Haven't had any experience with IRO, but I have a Rusty's 4.5" LA that has lived up to the abuse my Xj goes thought, the only bad thing about these lift was the frame ball joints on the LA, replaced them with Currie Johnny Joints and listo they've worked very good, so if you are deciding on what brand to buy, Rusty's is the name.

Ive got their trackbar setup and a few other small things from them and all are nice. trackbar is very nice 1.25 solid steel is no joke.

I have their UCAs and tie rod. Very good parts at a good price. Their support is also excellent. I called them on a Sunday while installing the tie rod and they answered the phone. I was expecting to leave a message.

good parts good service no problems, yeah i don't care for the long arm but ive seen it in action with no problems...

I have their 5.5" long arm kit and I couldn't be happier with it! Like you, I read a bunch of reviews on IRO and I decided to bite the bullet on it and buy before I over thought it. The caster adjustment that everyone talks about has no issue what-so-ever, but I don't go balls to the wall crazy with it. I daily drive the jeep and go to a few parks every so often but I never had to touch it after I installed it. its been in the same position from day one. and the flex is amazing!... now for the springs. they're still riding tall and flexy. only thing I would do differently is upgrade to bilsteins. the Doetsch shocks are too stiff unless theres a load in the back

Back