• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock bushings

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
i recently took my xj wheeling and while driving on a bumpy dirt road my front driverside lower shock bushing crumbled to pieces on my old man emu shocks. it was a polyurathane bushing and i went to replace it and could not find any local parts store that sold just the bushing. does anyone know where i can find one? it doesnt necessarily have to be polyurathane, rubber will be fine too

might try looking in the "help" section of your local parts store. they will not have the bushing listed in their computer. You have to find it and hope it will fit because it will be a universal part

I once used bushings from the "help" section at Pep Boys; they are two-piece.

Are you talking about the ones at the bottom end that hold the dog bone, or the two rubber washers at the top? If you're looking for dogbone bushings, try 4 wheel drive, Old Man Emu, or anyone else who carries suspension parts.
If you're talking about the two rubber washers at the top (shaft end), you can try auto zone, they have them. I used them and found that they do not hold up. They are too soft and eventually pull or push through. I ended up making my own from a hockey puck. Cut it to about 3/8 inch thick. Then use a 1 1/2 inch hole saw to cut them out. Drill the center hole out and Voila! You have a heavy duty bushing. Since doing this, I have not had a problem with push throughs even on some tough trails.

I didn't even get six months out of my procomp shock bushings uppers and lowers, I replaced them with energy suspension bushings,(polyurethane) available at most parts stores, Our Canadian Napa does not carry them

yes i was refering to the lower bushing that holds the dog bone and i couldnt find one at the local parts store... looks like im ganna have to call OME or 4 wheel parts or something

Back