• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing rocker w/ JCR Stage II sliders

jb98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering is anyone has considered doing something along these lines? I know several people have cut out the rockers and replaces with square tubing, but having the extra round tubing protection would be nice, and since I already have the sliders, it kinda makes sense. I am starting to get some rust on the rockers, I've tried to sand and repaint, but it keeps coming back, I even sanded, primed, and herculined, and it still is coming back!! So I'm thinking the best thing to do, is get rid of it totally. I would really appreciate some opinions on this. Thanks.

PM ECKSJAY if you want pics or questions answered, he has cut out his rockers, and replaced them with 3"x6"x1/4" square tubing. There have been more people that have done it too. A little overkill with a 1/4" wall, 3/16" is what Id go with. Then you can add some tubing to the outside, like the JCR ones I guess.

Back