• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pearl Harbor Day..

red91

NAXJA Forum User
Take a minute sometime today to remember the sacrafice made by a generation, the like of which will never be seen again.

:patriot:

RIP...and thank you, from a still grateful American.

Flags are at half-staff here in VA......

Jeff :us:

87manche said:
http://story.news.ask.com//article/20061207/D8LS100G0.html
just something else to think about.
A lot of those survivors are no longer around. We should make an effort to find out more from them before they pass.
Funny I was thinking about that the other day. It won't be too many more years when the last WW2 Veteran is gone.

I wonder if they will know at the time who that is?

Too bad more Americans don't think the way they did back then.

Just talked about it with my class.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Got internment camp?

:D
Funny. But I think you know what I mean. If people had the guts they had back then this stupid situation in Iraq would be over.

Pearl Harbor got the US in a pissed off mood like no other and we stayed that way till the job was done.

Too bad we aren't that tough anymore.

Take a minute sometime today to remember the sacrafice made by a generation, the like of which will never be seen again.

Amen

Too bad more Americans don't think the way they did back then
Just a thought...
Do you think that any American solider anywhere would say that we should pull out of Iraq? Probably not. Do you think that the soldiers that have been injured in Iraq and come back home want us to stop so that there injuries could stand for nothing? Do you think that the parents of those KIA would want the deaths of there children to be in vein?
NO... Duh
It's amazing how some of the citizens of this country, who have given up nothing, cant stand for freedom or cant stomach a war, and innocent young men and woman not only make standing up for freedom the very center piece of there lives but also have to give up everything to do so!
"This generation of Americans would have lost WWII by 1943 and the west would be speaking Nip and the east Krout"
"...Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty..." John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Could you imagine any Democrat saying that today?

DrMoab said:
Funny. But I think you know what I mean. If people had the guts they had back then this stupid situation in Iraq would be over.

If people had the guts they used to have...

We would've finished the job the first time we were there.

There wouldn't even be "This stupid situation in Iraq"

but I'm sure we'd be embroiled in some fiasco elsewhere...

nature of the beast...

But yes...

Thanks to that particular generation...

We don't have to speak german, russian or japanese.

pearl-harbor.jpg

-----Matt-----

Home sick today! Watching some good shows on the attack and on the situations in the '20s and '30s leading up to it. The personal interviews from both sides are the best part. It is amazing the things these guys endured!

Glen

red91inWA said:

I wish the protestors outside of the Army Recruiting Office opposite Pasadena City College shared this sentiment. Of all the days they could've chosen to picket, this is one of the lowest.

The "Greatest Generation" stepped up to the plate, and started taking care of buisness today, 65 years ago.

Thank God for all of them!

Last edited:
Back