• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going up Pearl Pass Thursday

I would be happy to see a trail report. That is one of the trails I have on my list for this summer.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

old_man said:
I would be happy to see a trail report. That is one of the trails I have on my list for this summer.

ditto here...

especially since there is a bike ride over pearl pass this september which i'm considering (and have never been there). might be an excuse to go "scout" it out in advance!
;)

terry

I would be there Thursday, but I have to wait until Thurs afternoon to get my driveshaft back from being balanced. My problem about going after the dentist is that I have to sober up first. A little alchohol helps the pain killers go down. :laugh:

Lots of luck. PM me, we might be interested in your help on running Pearl this summer for the big get together. party1:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Pearl is still snow covered not even 1/2 mile past the turn-off with Conundrum Basin road. About 100 yards past the dam and creek at the huts, the road resembles a river with all the run-off from the melting snow. I made it to the switch-back only to turn around. The road is slippery and full of scree. I shot a few photos which I'll post soon. :photo:

So, being an adventurer, I went up Conundrum and shot from that angle and you can the snow fields covering the road above treeline. :shiver:

Well, now I'm going to try Taylor and see what's suprises I find there.

As a remeinder, we had a super good snowpack this year on the Wester side of the Divide. Great for snowboarding, bad for Jeepin'.

later folks.

Email them to me and I will set them up on my site and link them for you. Ideally they should be around 640x480 or a little smaller, but if you don't have a good way to size them, send them anyway. I run my own email and server on a fast link so size isn't a problem.

I can't imagine Pearl will be open before late July considering the good snows in that area. Some years it doesn't open at all, and it could possibly be a bust this year for the NAXJA run. We tried it for Forum Fest '99 and it was still blocked at the top. I think it that was right at the start of August.

Nay

Back