• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potts Mountain Jeep Trail, October 17th

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I am leading a local group through Potts Mountain and thought I would throw an invite out to my NAXJA peeps.

As with all of the rides that I lead we will stay on the designated and marked trail/play area's, absolutely no alcohol, no profanity around kids!

Your rig must be street legal, registered and insured. There are Rangers on the trail and they will check the legality of your rig.

I recommend at least 31's, skid/rocker protection and front rear recovery. You should have a spare.

The foliage should be in full color up there by then. Lets hope for a clear day, the view from the top is awesome!

We will meet at the Ranger station on sr615 just east of New Castle VA, at 10am on the 17th. PM me for directions.

The best lodging will be in Salem, 25 miles south of New Castle but there is a NF campground near the trail. It is called "The Pines".

There is enough room at the ranger station to park a truck/trailer for the those that trailer in.

The trail is 10-12 miles long and takes 3-5 hours to run moving fast so pack in food and water.

We will run the trail "bottom-up" and exit on to sr311

Of course you do this while I'm tied down for a class this month. :( It sounds like a good trail.

Sounds like fun. Take some good pics.

Well, the Heep is packed and ready to wheel. We have 8 locals going, 2 XJ's, 2 JK Ruby's, 2 TJ's a FJ40 and a SAS'd Runner.

Should be a fun trip.

Back