• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd annual Potts Mountain "Meet in the Middle" trail ride

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We had a blast on Saturday running my favorite trail. Other than the downpour/thunderstorm with hail and wicked lightening (which of course happened at the hardest part of the trail!) it was a good day. We had 2 breakdowns, both were XJ's but they finished the run. One broke a tranny line and the other blew out a drivers side front axle shaft u-joint but finished in 3wd with one tug. We repaired the tranny line and ran that one out.

It was a good day wheelin with good friends.

Check my pics out;
http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp266/xjtrailrider/Meet in the middle/?start=all

Loooks like a fun trail!

Looks like some fun trails and a good time.

Who broke the axle? I know it wasn't you since you have uber axles. How did the Longfield's do? First trip out?

Looks like some fun trails and a good time.

Who broke the axle? I know it wasn't you since you have uber axles. How did the Longfield's do? First trip out?

That was Michelle (goes by DAZYDG here) She actually broke the pass side but drove it out about 4 miles on 3wd.

My new axle shafts did great but due to the rain I didn't try some of the harder stuff, just too slick, I didn't want to slip off a rock and flop it.

Some more video.

I guess I was the designated spotter on this trip since I spotted all of them on this set of rocks. I'm the fat guy in the blue shirt:D

The first Jeep through is a 08 JK rubi and this was his first run on this hard of a trail. He forgot to lock it in he was so nervous.:conceited
The second JK was driven by a experienced wheeler who somehow never gets a scratch or even mud on his rig:dunno:

The end of the video has Michelle (DAZYDG) running the obstacle in the opposite direction in her 94 XJ and we think she blew the pass side u-joint in here somewhere.

10 min. of crawling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjRhqDwmJvQ

Back