• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motivation ride- 12/15 Rausch Creek

Re: Motivation ride- AOAA - December 1st

Your buddies are certainly welcome. But I'm not so sure about you:gee:

hehe

I hereby publicly challenge you to follow me. :shiver:

Re: Motivation ride- AOAA - December 1st

So AOAA is closed Dec 1 for hunting the following sat at well. So we would have to do the 15th up there..RC schedule looks pretty confusing as well...Id say move to the 15th IF that works for everyone, i cant really do sundays since its 3hrs each way.

I also don't do Sundays.

What is going on at Rausch? I think I may have one more use-it-or-lose-it punch (free pass) on my RC membership, so I would be all-in for Dec 1 at Rausch.

What is going on at Rausch on Dec 1? Just that they are opening at 10am? Or is there something else going on?

I might still be in for the 15th at AOAA.

Re: Motivation ride- AOAA - DATE TBD (Parks are closed on 1st)

It's deer season, and I believe the parks have a big hunting lease program. On the 1st RC ONLY has the NE property open. All the main stuff is closed. And they open at 10.

With it getting dark so early now, it's better to get started nice and early and be off the trails by mid afternoon.

With it getting dark so early now, it's better to get started nice and early and be off the trails by mid afternoon.

Totally agree about the early.

I like some of the trails on the NE property. Some really rugged stuff there.

I can probably do the 15th. I'd rather it be at RC for the above-mentioned reason, but I'll probably be in for either.

I'm liking this and can probably make whenever if it's a Saturday run since the wife has to work every one of them from now thru new year's..just have to fix my passenger front shaft and I'm good to trash it again. I have a helmet now.
Side note, I like to feel fresh in the morning and wouldn't be against grabbing a cabin at TwinGrove for Friday night. I'll bring firewood and something to cook if anyone wants in on that.
But..
We gotta nail a date down. I might even be able to scare up some more attendees if we have a solid one!

Last edited:

But..
We gotta nail a date down.

Exactly. Based on what I'm reading in this thread, I'm planning on the 15th.

I might even be able to scare up some more attendees if we have a solid one!

Also exactly. I have already started to organize a group for the 15th, just in case this here run falls apart, I'll still have some guys to wheel with. I have:
  • 1 CJ 33s locked/locked - likely in
  • 1 TJ 35s locked/locked - probably
  • 1 YJ 37s locked/locked - maybe
I am on 35s locked/locked. These are guys who I wheel with quite regularly. By regularly, I mean like ten times per year. We wheel Blues and Blacks with the occasional Red, but lean mostly towards blacks.

Lets lock in the15th, RC or AOAA? Doesnt matter to me, can't lead either way ive been out of it too long.

Lets lock in the15th, RC or AOAA? Doesnt matter to me, can't lead either way ive been out of it too long.
I can guide at RC (i've been there like 60 times; I know my way around ;) ), as can my friend Jay. I haven't been to AOAA enough to know my way around (although I do love the place), but Jay can lead there as well.

I think I have a free pass for RC that expires at the end of the year. I have to double-check that. If so, I vote for Rausch. :D

Why the name of the ride "Motivation"?

Hey, not for nothing but there are some "motivated" guys with some seriously built xjs on the garden state jeeps facebook page, but for some reason I can't figure out how to link our ride onto their page...any ideas? Maybe I'm just dumb?

The facebook page , although the title is correct. the details underneith are not. Not sure who here edits that but just FYI

Hey, not for nothing but there are some "motivated" guys with some seriously built xjs on the garden state jeeps facebook page, but for some reason I can't figure out how to link our ride onto their page...any ideas? Maybe I'm just dumb?

I shared it with GSJ on FB, still need the title changed though

Facebook is hilarious ..... 190 people have responded that they are interested in this event. I'd be surprised if we get 6 to actually show up.

But, just in case, we should bring the NAXJA banner and set it up in the parking lot while we get ready. Rich, do you have it and can you bring it?

If we don't do the banner, we should all try to park together in an obvious spot.

I'll look I'm 99% sure I've got it, so yeah I'll bring it up.
Actually think we may have some turnout, maybe best to get a swap meet thread up, I'll get my list together and get it going in a bit.
Replaced the pinion joint on my rear shaft...haha don't know how I made it thru Moab with no needle bearings left. Not kidding. Still have a freaky squeaky coming from passenger front axle shaft, I expect the same...
Good thing it's warm on Sunday. :)

You bringing the kids up for this one Jordan?

Back