• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Final Jeepspeed build Upgrades

Cheroskeet

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, Figure id do a write up as I'm getting ready to do the final stages of my suspension on my 99 Cherokee. I will give you a list ooh mods already done so you can see where I am currently at, as well as whats to come in the thread. I Traded my Toyota pickup for a 99 Cherokee last October and since then its emptied my pockets! I bought it dead stock and since January have done the following:
RE 5.5 Long arm
Full exhaust
Super 35 rear axle w/ Detroit locker
front Dana 30 w/ Aussie locker
Ruff stuff covers
Currie Heavy Duty steering
Rockhard 4x4 cage (soon to be removed for a Jeepspeed legal cage)
33" Red Labels and steelies (methods on order) X6
Race Radio
Lowrance GPS
Rear quarter panel armor as i recently destroyed my quarter panel.
Alot more done just don't feel like listing it all,
I started this build originally as a crawler but with co-driving and desert racing, Iv'e decided to make a dual purpose go fast and crawl type of rig.
With that said, I've just ordered new shocks all the way around and getting all parts together to completely finish up the suspension. I have 12" Fox Double Bypasses up front with PAC Racing Springs and 2" Fox Bumps and in the Rear I have 12" Fox 2.5 Resi's with 4" bumps. The shocks have about a month Lead time at the moment, and i still need to finish the rear shock mounts through the cab. I still need to order the new lower shock mounts from Barnett Performance as well as a couple little things. Frame stiffeners will be on the way as well which when installed will allow me to limit strap the front end. Stay Tuned as there is plenty to come!

Few things to keep in mind.
Dana 35 rear axle with the shock loading a true 1700 class see's, is not a good idea.
Method wheels are not legal in 1700.

Good luck with it. 1700 is a fun class, and great time...

Yea everyone gives me shit for the Dana 35 which is understandable, I had it lying around from a previous jeep purchase and since this 99 had ABS i didn't have an 8.25 so i said screw it. I swapped the stock 35 for the super and ill run it till I blow it up, which surprisingly still hasn't happened. I will do a 9" swap when the time is right.

As far as the wheels and what not, I know it wont be completely to spec, but ill have it close i can always trade out wheels. Im busy racing a T.T Spec truck in the SCORE series an next year we will be doing BITD as well. So I will have try and have it Race legal but might just use it for pre-running and chasing. I would love to race it but 39's and a full race truck is way to much fun lol. Ill have some pics up soon. Just dont have a photobucket.

Back