• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i think im burning oil

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
1994 grand cherokee but it has the straight 6 in it., it has a 4.0L auto trans..

i was wondering if u could answer a question for me.
on this 1994 im having to refill my engine oil way too much so im thinking i have to be burning this oil because im not noticing any puddles on the floor!
and when im idling i notice white smoke comes out the tail pipe! I was wondering wat would cause this?

Could be a number of things,have you checked the plugs?What does your air box look like?Pull the throttle body and take a look in there.Could be a crankcase ventilation issue,could also be valve related.

what could b wrong wit the plugs i mostly ask because i jus changed them like 3months ago? also could u be a little more detail on what i have to do once i checked these ad what do i do with them?

I do have the haynes and I'm reading it as i type! I just wanted to make sure I am headed in the right direction instead of doing the wrong thing, and then asking questions! I was leaning towards the head gasket but the coolant in the resevior is green. I am going to read up some more on this ad get back to you guys with questions thanks! n please feel free to keep the answers coming

Back