• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some real FUN about to be had XJ with ZJ parts

I think that axle is a passenger side drop?

You can put any axles under it. Preferably drivers side drop in the front.
I dont think much of anything is crazy anymore. The more i build mine the more research and come across cool stuff..

Xj is nothing more than a platform to build on so make it anything you want. Try to avoid investing in xj specific parts at all costs if you can. That way your investments can evolve into to the next platform whatever it might be. Maybe a dakota pickup or durango.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

:skull1: well, it happened.......got smacked on the rear bumper while driving home in the rain and it sent me sliding off the road on to the passenger side of my little XJ and down the embankment next to the highway. My little great running converted XJ is now dead. Just have to grab my junk out of it and let the insurance company haggle over how much the other guys insurance is going to cough up for my Jeep. At least I still have my ZJ to ride in. It will have to fill my needs till I can find another one. :flamemad:

Bummer. Sorry to hear that, but at least you weren't hurt.

Maybe you can get money and buy it back for 100 bucks or something. Then press on with axles lockers and rely more on sawzall instead of lift to clear tires

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

There's only 3 windows left in it and they weren't gentle getting it back on it's wheels. looks like they bent the rear axle housing when they pulled it up the side of the hill by the axle, just hurts my feelings after all the work I put in it. the body is trash now for sure. I may by it back just for the running gear( motor, trans, T Case) and maybe the front brakes. I was doing 45 when it got smacked and sent me off the road that rolled it and down I went. My knee is sore and shoulder hurts but i will live. I've come across an ole CJ5 that I can get for free but it is a 4 cylinder 2.5 and a manual. parts can be had and maybe put some of my XJ stuff on it so it can live on.

NAXJA people.....I just settled my totaled out 97 converted 4wd XJ with the idiots insurance company. I'm almost happy with the amount they offered due to it was about double my investment to date. they allowed me to grab a few things off it so happy about that. signed off the the title to them and got the check. Looking at a 98 XJ 4 door 4x4 Saturday to see if it's worth getting. wish me luck.

Update on the search for replacement XJ. The 98 was advertised as 4x4 but is a 2wd and still looking for a 4x4. If can't find one I will see if the 2wd drive is still available and see what he'll take since it's not what he advertised just to get back in a XJ. My ZJ is getting good use but it needs time and love to make it pretty. rusty-roof-itis

:cheers:UPDATE !!! I have found and bought a replacement for my wrecked 2wd converted XJ. I found another 97 XJ Limited 4x4 4-door with stock everything and 198k on the odometer.
I had to drive 4 hours away into Georgia backwoods and drag it back on the trailer. had been sitting about 7 months with bad fuel pump and dead battery. I have fixed both issues a have put about 300 miles on it so far. needs shocks bad ( but going to go with a lift to clear some 31's. going to have some fun with this one!!!:woohoo:

Glad all that watching & waiting seems to have paid off.

Seems like that's the only way to snag an affordable XJ now - if only trailer rental wasn't so expensive here, & I had somewhere to keep another; mind you if I weighed in the '96 parts car . . .

Back