NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old August 12th, 2018, 10:49
NAXJA Forum User

Getting ready to order floor pan got a couple of questions

From what I have read seems for fit and quality Raybucks is who I want to purchase from but has anyone purchased from FixMyRust (aka The Lake Erie Trading Post)per pics its the same as Raybucks and way cheaper since free shipping. Seems for price and good quality metal but questionable fit is the C2C Fabrication ones which per pics has no drain holes so wont have to worry about plugs. Which should I go for as I will be welding?

If I go with the Raybucks or even FixMyRust ones what is everyone using to plug on the drain holes? I will put carpet back...eventually. Thanks!
Old August 12th, 2018, 11:31
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Getting ready to order floor pan got a couple of questions

I put a RayBuck floor pan in my 1998. It fit very well. I used and recommend using UniBody Panel Adhesive instead of welding. Welding takes too long, and you risk blowing holes everywhere. Two round metal disks, some sealant or adhesive, and a rivet solves the floor drain hole plug issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

I'm starting to realize people on the Jeep forums are highly expert mechanics .....