• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJSport O2 sensor - universal or OE?

jeepfanz

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my O2 sensor, but I see different parts listed for bosch, borg-warner, etc that say 'universal 4 wire' and such, or OE. What should I stay away from? I'm inclined to go with the OE part.

Anyone have recommendations? part numbers??

Thx

Personally, I wouldn't go with the Universial. I've not really heard much good about them from anybody who's used them....but thats just me.

They are the same things. The OEM simply has a stock connector on the wires already. The universal has bare wires on which you have to splice your old connector. For me, the money saved is worth the few minutes splicing the old connector in, for others it might not be.

Can't go wrong with Bosch. They are top quality for anything electrical IMHO.

98stocker said:
They are the same things. The OEM simply has a stock connector on the wires already. The universal has bare wires on which you have to splice your old connector. For me, the money saved is worth the few minutes splicing the old connector in, for others it might not be.

same sensor is used with and without the connector-- but if you use the universal, I would recommend soldering the wires instead of the silly little crimp fit connectors. you're sending low voltage highly sensative signals through the connections and over time crimp fit connections will build resistance and degrade the connection.

--Shorty

Back