• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rough country vs. RE rear leafs?

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
My rear leafs are shot. I can get 3.5 inch RE for $250 for the pair or 4 inch Rough country leafs for $200 for the pair. .

Any advantage of Rough Country vs. RE or vice versa. Are they both good products.

I have 6 inch shackles which I figure give me 1 1/2 inch additional lift over stock. So I'm planning to put in shims to align the drive shaft.

Rough Country doesn't even compare. Spend the extra $50. You will get about 5" out of the RE 3.5" spring packs, so I doubt you will need the longer shackles, depending what end height you are looking for.

Most of my Jeep customers I set up with springs are buying RE (or others) to replace Rough Country, which I don't even sell. I run RE on mine now after having run Rancho on it, again because RE is by far the better spring for the buck.

Take that for what it's worth. ;)

redyouch said:
i have rustys 4.5" and rustys 2" shackles. no shocks, rides like ass.
wait, your telling me that with no shocks the ride will suck? no way!!!!
sarcasim is king!

The BOR's are custom made by Alcan and I can vouch for them. I have given mine hell and even with the torque of the stroker, they have held up well and still ride pretty smooth. Not a Caddy by any means, but they won't rattle your teeth. They have a nice military wrap to help out with torque.

After installing my stroker, the first run out, I wraped the Rusty's and took out both the springs and the Ujoint.

Back