• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

humming fuel pump

Perdido420

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys need your help. my fuel pump starts to humm after an hour of hwy driving or wheeling never on the drive to work 30 min. has anyone had this ? I have changed out the filter just dont want to drop the tank if I dont have to.
thanks for all the help .

Perdido420 said:
Hey Guys need your help. my fuel pump starts to humm after an hour of hwy driving or wheeling never on the drive to work 30 min. has anyone had this ? I have changed out the filter just dont want to drop the tank if I dont have to.
thanks for all the help .

yup I've had it happen. I really wouldn't worry about it as they all do it to some extent. The question is is how loud is yours now? I noticed about a week before mine went out...it got increasingly louder and did it ALL of the time.

Good news...you don't have to drop the tank. Not if you have a 93.

that is good news I have heard it humm only twice since march once on a road trip 2nd this weekend on the trail. soo verry glad i dont have to drop the tank. thank for the help I could spend all day on this site :gee:

mine humms whenever it gets warm and has done since i put it in so i wouldn't worry about it until it gets really loud then that ussually means it's goin out

Mine hummed for about a month...then it was fine and stopped humming. The previous owner usually installed a pump every couple years but I wasn't about to do that. I've had my '89 Laredo for over 10 years with the former humming fuel pump still going strong.

Back