• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After market seats

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The drivers seat on my 96XJ needs to be replaced, after 400000 miles it shows some wear.
Looking at these -Corbeau #70019 seats at 4wd .
Any other suggestions and personal experience accepted.

Thanks

They will fit but I hope your fairly slender, I put Baja SS's in my '95.

No experience here, i need a new seat though, hoping some folks have some good options.

Carid.com has a tone of seats that say they fit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You might PM David Bricker. He has some nice aftermarket seats in Gomer.

I'm finding that $550 for seats and $250 for mounts (pair). May be a little more that I want to spend.

Just put a set of Baja RS's in mine last weekend. I like them, much more supportive than the stockers.

Thanks ,good to know, I'm still thinking about it.....

I managed to snag a pair of their XJ brackets used, which helped a bit with the overall cost

FYI, it's. It too hard to adapt the stock XJ sliders for corbeau seats. I just used some 2x1/4" flat stock, and drilled the holes for the stock bracket and lined up holes for the corbeau. Worked fine, and you could add a couple welds of you wanted it more secure.

I also have a driver's corbeau seat bracket siting on a shelf if you're interested.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I just installed corbeau Moab seats in my 2000. I used the corbeau brackets I highly recommend them it’s way easier when doing install and they work great. The seats sit about an inch higher than stock so if your tall it could put your head in the roof. They are a little wider than stock so ther rub the center consul a little. They feel a lot firmer than stock. I am 5 foot 11 and I still have room for my head and I have a full roll cage but if I was any taller it could be a problem.

i have the PRP daily driver seats and love the lower side for getting in and out eaiser but i find they like to steal everything out of my pockets. made them fit factory brackets with a little bit of modification

Thanks for the suggestions, The wear is greatest on the DS bolster of the seat,,,where my butt drags over it getting in/out.Short legs dontcha know.

Here's the brackets I made for my '95 2dr with Baja SS's and a tilt forward feature.
FH000007_zpsiw0avxkq.jpg

FH000009_zpsvotaxyax.jpg

FH000016_zpsade4tqca.jpg

FH000021_zpsnqxkkgvi.jpg

Back