• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ brake line help needed

Vannmann

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ with abs and for the life of me I can’t find the part number for that long steel brake line running from engine compartment to the rear of the XJ where it connects to the soft line. Again, it’s ABS equipped so that long brake line has a different part number. Anyone? Please!
I don’t have access to the proper brake line building tools so...

Brake line flaring kits can be dirt cheap if you look in the right places. Be prepared to fabricate them, just in case the line is unavailable/ cost prohibitive.

Here's a entire set, but I would call them to see if they will sell individual pieces or at least tell you the fitting sizes and the length. They may also be able make a straight line that you will have to bend and fit in place.
https://www.inlinetube.com/products/sjcb9502

The complete vehicle kits you have been referred to are certainly convenient. I will also add that it you should ask Inline Tube what grade of stainless they use. It is common for the aftermarket to use 409 in exhausts. While better than mild steel 409 will still rust.

I would go with the cooper nickel line you can take the threaded ends to a parts store and match them up and get some premade brake lines is how we always did it

Keeping in mind that I know nothing about ABS I am guessing that the only reason the long line to the rear is a different part number then a not ABS Jeep is cause instead of going to the proportioning valve, non ABS, guess in goes to the ABS pump.
So of course it is going to be a different part number.
I say just make your own with the nicopp too.

Back