• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring issue

Steve74531

NAXJA Forum User
I have the strangest question I have my rear axle jacked up transmission is in neutral with the drive shaft spinning I lose all power inside the Jeep cluster radio everything even the main fuse block. This just started a couple days ago. It is a trail rig, also it’s 99 Cherokee 4.0 auto anyone have any idea what it is?! Fluid is great it shifts great every gear works and 4hi and low and 2wd. Attached is a video of what it is doing note the Jeep is in neutral with the drive shaft spinning it does this in park reverse drive second and first. It needs fixed it’s cutting everything out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are your grounds? It's possible the vibration is causing it to lose contact, especially if you only have the block ground and chassis ground to the head. I am not sure if they fixed that on the later models, but I have always added a second ground to the fender next to the battery. That braided ground to the head always seems to be a problem.

I’ll check that one I found some corrosion on the side fuse panel and harness so I’m replacing that I have the block ground and fender ground that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back