• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96XJ turn signal fuse?

TrailOfGears

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I'm not sure if im crazy or all the documentation i have found is wrong.

I was trying to fix my front turn signals. there is two bulbs on each side, one in the front near the bumper and one on the corner. Only one worked on each side. So I pull it apart, check the bulbs only one of the 4 is bad, but the sockets are corroded. so I clean the sockets with a screw drivers and now none of them work. not even the back.

So I'm thinking I've probably blown a fuse because like an idiot I didn't disconnect the battery first. That should be an easy fix, however when I go to the fuse box, there is not even a fuse in the slot that is supposedly for turn signals. Nor is there the round flasher switch installed where there is supposedly suppose to be one. just empty slots...

so either all the fuse diagrams for 96 cherokee are wrong, or gremlins stole my fuses while I wasn't looking. somebody throw me a bone.

so, my battery has been on its last leg, I jumped it, and it still does explain why it works with no fuse in the number 8 slot

there isn't even connectors inside the slot for a fuse in the first place, so I can only assume the 96 doesn't follow the standard fuse wiring.

Back