• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck plug number for 98 4.0

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I would go back to Champion and try the truck plug. Golen engines site recomends RC9YC4 plugs. I think the truck plug eqivalent is 4430 but I can't tell for sure. How do I know the right plug number. 98 4.0

Advance Auto sells them, they're like $3 per plug

Jeep switched to NGK v-power (PN: ZFR5N) for the last years of the 4.0L because they apparently run better

Fred85 said:

Jeep switched to NGK v-power (PN: ZFR5N) for the last years of the 4.0L because they apparently run better
Thanks Fred I'm still having a hard time going back to Champions so I may just try NGK's.

Fred85 said:

My 99 calls for the champions right on the label under the hood.

^they all do, my 2001 does (change came after 2001).........but someone on here said they went to the dealership to get plugs, and jeep changed the standard plug from the champion to the ngk

Back