• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

borla exhaust

JONNYD

NAXJA Forum User
I found a new cat-back borla system cheap, and they guy says its "for a jeep cherokee", but doenst know what years. Regardless of year, can I make it fit on my 2001 ya think?

JONNYD said:
I found a new cat-back borla system cheap, and they guy says its "for a jeep cherokee", but doenst know what years. Regardless of year, can I make it fit on my 2001 ya think?

watch it be for an SJ. Then you'd have some fun.

It looks like its for an XJ (I saw pics), and the muffler is the right size, but I am just worrying about tailpipe size/shape. How much do they differ 84-01? I have a 3" lift, and a hitch, but I wouldnt mind just cutting off the tip if I have to, will it fit? I guess I could always buy it an re-sell if it doesnt, right?? Any takers If i waste my time?

I have the borla cat back sys on my 95 XJ and it SUCKS!! It sure as hell doesnt make any extra HP and it barely sounds a tad bit louder then stock. I decided to start choppin mine off and found out the outlet pipe is only 1"7/8"!!! NOT EVEN 2"!!! its crap, save up & get a flowmaster set up or magnaflow

Thanks G. I am prolly gonna go with a 50 series delta from Rusty's. Seems like a pretty damn good price ($150.00 for cat-back, aluminized, 2.5" mandrel bent). Probably an ebay catco converter. I couldnt make up my mind on the borla (stainless is cool right?), but you just made up my mind for me!
-Jon

I have had a borla on my 90 for 8 years. Love it. Much better performance and milage. But I did the whole thing, header to tip. It is louder than stock, almost too loud. A 17 year old friend drools over the sound.

JONNYD said:
Thanks G. I am prolly gonna go with a 50 series delta from Rusty's. Seems like a pretty damn good price ($150.00 for cat-back, aluminized, 2.5" mandrel bent). Probably an ebay catco converter. I couldnt make up my mind on the borla (stainless is cool right?), but you just made up my mind for me!
-Jon

Does aluminized last long? Or does it rust out quick? I live in New England so we get teh best of all four season especially the nice salt and sand during the winter so I want something that isnt going to rust out on me after a year or two.

Back