• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have my ext/comp measurement know shock size

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I took the shocks off and went out and flexed and measured the best I could. I got a compressed measurement of about 20'' and an extened length of 27"+. My jeep could still flex more i just didn't have a big enough rock to get higher.

So do I need to go with 14.3'' travel shocks that have a 34.9" extension and 20.75" compression? Will this work also factoring in a the mounting adaptar?

5.5'' LIFT 33'' TIRES

Front or rear?

if your compressed measurement is 20", you dont want to go 20.75" for a shock, or its too long.

Look at a 12" travel shock.

cal said:
Front or rear?

if your compressed measurement is 20", you dont want to go 20.75" for a shock, or its too long.

Look at a 12" travel shock.
I agree with Cal. thats to long. 14" travel shock in the front of a XJ with 5.5" lift is ALOT! more then needed 99% of the time, unless your coil over and keep the spring loaded for 13"+ of that.

I have close to 7" of lift, I run a 12" shortbody shock (12" shaft, 10" body) and still have problems piling in enough bumpstop not to bottom them out. :)

Back