• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F/S: Beginning of a buggy and tubing

dave92cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Due to unforseen financial circumstances and family problems the beginnings of my buggy and the recently aquired DOM tubing and HDOffroad stiffeners are up for sale.

The tubing is 1.75"x.120" wall 9 pieces all over 20' coming out to just over 200' and has very minimal surface rust on the tubes due to all the wonderful wet weather we've been getting. Will sell for the price i have in them minus tax and delivery charge so for the full 200' $800 and come pick it up.

The stiffeners are Brianho13's design front and rears already primed up and ready to install and burn on will sell for the same price minus shipping $250 come get them.

The specs on the rig is it was once a 92 xj 4 door 4.0/aw4/231 with D30 front open with 3.55's and 8.25 rear 27 spline 3.55's with LSD. I've eleminated almost all non-essential wiring and moved everything to the inside of the firewall for added protection. New not reman 160A alt mounted where a/c comp used to be, new Duralast Gold battery (biggest CCA available) with 1GA welding cable mains and 4GA for power dist. Body's been completely cut down to the pinch seam at the frame rails and hood's been narrowed to where I originally wanted to build it up to be. Would make a good start for someone looking to build a trail only buggy or very good running gear to transplant into another rig. Will sell the whole rig for $600 since most rigs with good body and bad drivetrain go for the same figure it's just the opposite. If interested shoot me a pm as I get instant notifications to my email. Hate to see it go but I'd rather it go to someone that's going to make some use of some of it.

I do have a title for it and the dash vin plate just have to hunt down the title.

The stiffeners are the fronts and mid's that will reinforce the frame from front bumper to front leaf hanger.

IMGA0690.jpg

IMGA0691.jpg

Pic of the stiffeners for anyone interested.
IMGA0692.jpg

IMGA0693.jpg

Pics of the tubing showing the minimal surface rust, all pieces are between 21 and 23' and there's 9 pieces for a total just over 200'.
IMGA0694.jpg

There's a pic of the xj in question for anyone interested in buying it.

Bringing this back up to the top to see if there's any interest in some tubing for building a cage, the stiffener's, or a full drivetrain.

Id love to have the tubing, but its an 8 hour round trip. The price would have to reflect that, and then some. I know you dont want to give it away...steel aint cheap.

I thought I read that this is DOM, but I dont see that designation anymore. Is it DOM or rolled/welded?

It is DOM, but it doesnt appear to be in the best shape... kinda rusty. I would consider buying it, but I would also have to drive pretty far... I might consider it for the right price though, but not for anywhere near $800... The bad thing is, with it sitting outside if he doesnt sell it quick, the condition of the steel will continue to worsen, and then nobody will buy it all.

Bringing this back up to the top to see if I can get any offers to sell some of this. The reminants of the xj are still in the same condition with the exception of the front frame rail behind the drivers coil spring being grinded down and primered up. The DOM tubing has been taken off the ground and set on a couple of saw horses out back and I have fully stripped all 9 tubes and hand sanded every one of them from end to end and primered them to take care of the rust problem. So start throwing me some offers on some of it.

Might not be a great offer, but Ill give you $200 for the tube. I can come get it tomorrow; figured I'd throw that out there. I don't NEED the tube, but someday I might, not to mention I have plenty of space to store it in the racks at work so it wont rust out.

Not trying to be a dick on that offer; doesnt hurt trying. Just depends on how bad you need it gone.

BTW you'd probably be much better off just greasing the tube down rather than sand and primer......

Last edited:
Yah and that's why they're up for $200 OBO I'm eating the cost of shipping on them.

Yah and that's why they're up for $200 OBO I'm eating the cost of shipping on them.

I personally feel like that's a fair deal. I mean, they are new, not like you can exactly remove them once they are on lol. So you save $30-$40 bucks by buying these, and you get the same exact thing... Hmm... yep, smells good to me. Too bad I don't have a cherokee to put them on.

Tubing has been sold, stiffeners and running chassis still up for sale.

Also have some odd's and ends such as complete header panel with lights and harness, wiper motor, a/c compressor, both tail lights, instrument cluster with gauges, class 3 hitch. All the odd's and ends are set at make offer.

Been a week and bringing this back up top. New price of $600 for the stiffeners and the running chassis.

Not as odd as you think considering i'm about to be going out of town on tuesday and won't be back for a couple of weeks.

Back