• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting a new build, need some opinions

knobby97

NAXJA Forum User
Well after parting with my 96 XJ 2 years ago I finally decided it was time to get another one, only loss was my 00 tri linked Tj on 37's but oh well I like having 4 doors again.

So with this being said:

I had the re 5.5 short arm on my last XJ with 35 mt'rs and loved the ride and flex, especially after I reengineered the rear shock geometry that made the leafs flex better. The only thing I hated was dragging the drop brackets on everything.

So for the new build, a 97 4 door, I plan on running long arms with a triangulated, coil sprung rear like my TJ. I have to say that flex was much better and more stable than the old XJ.

I shopped around and have come up with 2 prefabbed kits or an alternative plan, here they go:

1.) Claytons long arms with coil conversion rear

2.) Rock Krawler tri link with coilover, triangulated, rear

3.) TNT y link and fab my own junk for the back.

Axles are hp 44 and ford 9 with 36's or 37's. I do want to retain some streetability but it will see the trailer for anything over 55.

Anyone have some input or expierence with any of these kits?

Back