• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline vibrations?

No4x4Yet

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just signed up. I bout my XJ over the sumemr and NAXJA keeps poppin up in searchs so I thoguht I should join.

My xj came with a BB butt he rear spring were sagging give me only 1" and no load capacity. So I picked up some S10 spring and installed them this weekend. I had 4.5" with the spring and shackles but it was vibrating like crazy I down bout 30 miles home at 40mph afraid somethin was gonna break. So I put the stock shackles I picked up in and now Im at 3.5" It still has some minor vibrations around 10 and 20-30 mph, nothing I can feel but I can hear the oscillating noise. Is this something to worry bout?

Hes the XJ day I got her.
0731001603_0001_0001.jpg

Heres the rear lift at 4.5", didnt get to take a pic at 3.5"
P1010659.jpg

And here it is testin out the new 4.5" list, suck :(. Dumb D30 with an open diff!! Gonna have to add that to the list of upgrades.
Newliftstuck.jpg

Well, welcome to the site!

Obvious fix is a SYE and a custom drive shaft, BOOM fixed!! But if you're not down with dropping that kinda money you can always try a transfer case drop kit and see if that lessens or fixes your problem.

On another note, for the love of all creation pleaseeee try to make it not look like a non English speaking 12 year old wrote your post. ;)

Back