• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photos from Moab

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
Check back often (same main link) as I add photos as the wheeling continues.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/naxjaMoabFallFling1006/index.html

The first day (Friday) "The Road To Moab" is along the drive from Las Vegas. Two years ago I took the first part of this route which is along an old Spanish Trail. I traveled on it exiting the I-15 at Paragonah, UT to highway 20 then up to Richfield, UT, then exiting at Salina, then driving on an old section where a narrow gauge railroad once was along the Salina Creek, and finally back on the highway to Moab. The fall colors are incredible as can be seen in some of the photos.

photo10.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo51.jpg

photo69.jpg

The next day (Saturday) we spent working a little on Andy's rear brakes that came apart on the right side damaging the internal parts/drum. Once apart we found that the design of the alloy shaft uses threaded studs in the flange so when the lug nuts were tightened the stud screwed in and contacted the brake parts. We ordered the parts and waited. The K-5 Blazer guys were here and had two transmissions torn apart to make a good one. Their trailer even carried a spare complete Dana 60 front axle, wow. After it was fixed the next day I understood why, it was a Suburban on something like 44's.

photo1.jpg

photo12.jpg

Sunday we put Andy's brakes back together. The rest of the group went and did Hell's Revenge while I went wandering out to Hurrah Pass/Chicken Corners. It was a nice day and the rock formations and views where impressive.

photo6.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo55.jpg

photo78.jpg

Today (Monday) Mike, John, and I went and did the La Sal loop. Mike was riding along with John since his Jeep is still at home having issues. This is a nice scenic ride through the La Sal mountains with lots of fall color right now. It was a mostly uneventful run with the exception of me finding a large mudhole right in the middle of the road. It was pretty big since it easily swallowed my 35” tires leaving John to strap me out.

photo5.jpg

photo40.jpg

photo45.jpg

Enjoy the photos.

Dunno what the K5 blazer guys is. We weren't part of anything like that.

The burb is on 47s actually.

(Me in the blue shirt holding the light in that pic)

You are a pretty good picture taker!

Very nice.

Patiently waiting for more.

....and just like everyone else.......wish I was there.

Great Photo's Mike,
No pictures of Remi working on his Junk yet?!?

nate said:
The burb is on 47s actually.

(Me in the blue shirt holding the light in that pic)

Thanks for the correction. I asked someone and they didn't know what size they were.

Mark Hinkley said:
Mike,

You suck!

Hinkley

Yah I don't get enough of that. :) Hell I haven't even had time to sort through the 550 odd photos I took in August running the Rubicon in '07 Wranglers for the media yet. :D

All I got to ask is what's the deal with the white and purple Jeep? We were all expecting a Jeep chick.... but it was a dude driving it. His wife's??

Ok more up in the main link above.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I got a late start and Andy went back home since he wasn’t feeling good. Went to have breakfast and it was raining hard out. I thought the guys out on Flat Iron Mesa and Steelbender must be having fun in the wet stuff. I decided to head in the back way on Steelbender and catch up with the group. The road was slick and I stopped a few times from photos of the waterfalls coming off the slickrock. The rain stopped in about an hour and I caught up with them at the big waterfall. There was a open top blue YJ backed down from the waterfall off the trail. It had been there at least a day and in the rain no less. Well there were empty Pabst Blue Ribbon cans in it and it was missing the left front/right rear wheels. Looking at the shredded spare tire hanging off the back it wasn’t any wonder why it didn’t make it off the trail. As the group pressed on some noticed that someone was leaking oil. We stopped to find out Stebel’s TJ was leaking oil from the rear diff cover. Closer inspection revealed the leak was from a hole inside/out in the diff cover. They pulled it off to find 3 broken teeth off the spider gears. Well it wasn’t Remi but it was his friend. So they removed them, sealed it back up with the hole, added oil, and we went back to camp. Later that night they got another carrier and swapped the side/spider gears out.

photo14.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo29.jpg

photo55.jpg

photo62.jpg

photo84.jpg

Today (Wednesday) I kinda slept late and then had the brilliant idea of doing a full day trail starting at 3pm. I was trying to find the Yellow Cat trail and ended up on the Dome Plateau one. Ran across some old cabins I have before that are made from railroad ties/spikes. Well around 5pm I was at the Cowboy (Spring) Caves and thought I might want to cut this short so I did. Just a few photos from wandering around.

photo20.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo51.jpg

nate said:
All I got to ask is what's the deal with the white and purple Jeep?
Purple is my wife's favorite color.

We were all expecting a Jeep chick.... but it was a dude driving it. His wife's??
Nope... mine.

Once again, some damn good pics.
You deffinatley have a nack there.
Very nice.:worship:
:cheers:

Today I ran the Strike Ravine trail, well sort of. Alex was leading but hadn’t been on it before and neither had anyone else. We ran up/down and around with a good day all in all. There was some light rain which made it nice/different. The trail ends at Area BFE. A short day was kinda nice giving some time to rest from all the 4 wheeling we have been doing. Nothing to report yet as the other groups aren’t back yet.

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo36.jpg

looked like fun mike, just got back from hells revenge and it rained hard on us i got wet but we did do hells gate an escalator

Back