• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK Rubicon, shocks

hagermanfolley

Builder
I just got a set of free Shocks off a rubicon. anyone ever used these, and know what size lift they are compatible with?

Just put some under two of my brother's XJ's... they work well for a 3-4" lift but you will need to pop the bushings out and put your XJ ones in, or figure something else out since they are slightly different sizes. Other then that you're good to go.

Nice cheap option if you know someone who works at a dealership... we got 2 full sets of brand new shocks and 2 sets of brand new JK Rubi coils for a grand total of $50 CDN! Factory take offs from a dealership that installed lifts on their demo's :)

Thanks guys great info, im looking at a rubicon express 3.5 flex lift but needed shocks. my budy lifted his jk rubicon 3 inches and gave me his factory bilstiens shocks with 2000 miles on them. cant wait to oreder my lit and put them on.

The RE 3.5 will sit at 4-5" so the Rubi shocks are too short for full height--you will need a spacer of some kind to extend them by 1", and then you'll still be short on travel. It's a good budget solution to get you going, but if you are planning to stay with the RE 3.5" lift for a while I'd get the right shocks for it.

Back