• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Redbird Spring Cleanup - May 18th

Re: MWC Redbird Spring Cleanup

I'll be there. probably in the Neon though.

What trails happen? Can a stocker do it and if not, I wonder if I can grab an open seat?

If I come, I can bring three chainsaws if needed.

What trails happen? Can a stocker do it and if not, I wonder if I can grab an open seat?

We do 21 for sure, beyond that a stocker a do quite a bit, as long as you aren't scared of 'light' body damage.

21 is doable in a stocker if you pay attention to your spotter, and it isn't too wet.

As long as I can get the 242 and assorted parts in, I'm bringing the ZJ.

I can do May 11th or May 18th. JR already mentioned the 18th if that works for everyone. May 25th is Memorial Day weekend and they have night rides, I think from past experience (Halloween weekend) they don't want us doing trail cleanups during the night ride weekends as the trails are a lot busier then.

Whatever weekend we decide I'll be down Friday afternoon. I'm planning on Redbird Station again since it's close and they have a pretty nice setup.

May 11th is my anniversary so it would not work, could probably do the 18th.

Trying for the 18th.

Those of you that know, know that the DNR is not exactly prompt.

When I know, you will know.

Rev

Just FYI there is a 4parts Jambo in Lima, OH on the weekend of the 18th and a TREC race on the 18th at the Badlands, just to give an idea of other events in the region that might affect attendance on the 18th.

My brother is going to be in town from Cali and its unlikely I'll make anything that weekend.

mac 'lots to do!' gyvr

Just FYI there is a 4parts Jambo in Lima, OH on the weekend of the 18th and a TREC race on the 18th at the Badlands, just to give an idea of other events in the region that might affect attendance on the 18th.

My brother is going to be in town from Cali and its unlikely I'll make anything that weekend.

mac 'lots to do!' gyvr

They moved the TREC race due to the Ultra4 cars being at the Lima Jambo...

mac 'I hate quoting myself' gyvr

Just a FYI from Carman Jackson (DNR) posted on the Redbird Foundation FB page about tree removal on cleanup days (which I know we have done in the past :D):

We do not allow non-DNR folks to cut trees right now. DNR has specific training and safety gear requirements for anyone using a chain saw and there are federal regulations dictating when we can cut trees. We had a lot of wind damage in the area this past winter and it will take awhile to get caught up. If you see safety problems while you are at Redbird or Interlake please make a note of the location and tell our staff. We can address those. Thanks for your concern and for your help on the clean up day!

So is the 18th of May tentative based on the approval of Redbird? I need to switch my schedule at work if this is a set date. Its not a problem for me at all to get moved around. Just need to be sure.

I will not be attending this cleanup due to having limited vacation time, I'm taking 2 weeks for the anniversary event, took a week for wf as well as assorted days needed for family.

I'm planning on being there, doesn't look like I will have the ZJ functional unless I rebuild the front shaft and run the 249. Waiting on the title for a wrecked ZJ at work to snag the 242 and assorted parts.

Back