• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for stock leaf packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in dire need of some good leaf packs. The 97 is sagging like a hoodlum. I'm not looking for someone's junk. I've got at least 2 other sets of those...

Don't wanna go over $100, but will consider going more for younger, better springs. Much more than that and I'm better off getting new ones from Rock Auto.

Help a brother out.

Josh, my 94 was sagging badly with 170k+ on the originals. I didn't want to deal with all the rusty crap and just cut the ends off of Cindy's old main leafs, bought some new u-bolts and had full length helper springs that have done great for another 30k miles. And I have loaded that jeep with more weight in tools and lumber than you're ever likely to.

That thought crossed my mind. My second leaf from the top is broken on each side. The rust is a real concern.

I'm not sure what would come of what I've got. I figured I'd explore some options.

If they'er already breaking, expect more to when you take them apart... Why not just Rock-Auto or Quadratec and be done?

The time you spend messing around with used springs you could just have new ones...

I'll check the shop and see if I still have some from when I was considering this option...

You'll be hard pressed to ever see me buying something from QT if I can get it elsewhere. You pay a lot of money for that little green sticker.

Rock Auto will be the way to go, but they're $230 for the pair w/bushings shipped compared to $100 or so, I'll look for a little while before dropping all that cash. Can't hurt.

As it turns out, it's like $13 cheaper to go with QT. I'm rather surprised.

Last edited:
I have done alot of business with them in the past with my CJ, just make sure they don't give you the whole(it's on back order)BS before you pay.

Backorder brings the suck.

If you wind up going with new, check Morris and some of the other vendors.
When I ordered mine, QT was one of the most expensive when you tacked on the handling charges. Morris was a good bit cheaper at the time, but I think they may have adjusted their pricing to match QT, Rustys, 4WP, etc.

Just checked Morris's price. Pretty much the same as QT or RA.

try serious offroad...my buddy got some leafs for 213 shipped for the pair...they were lift springs, so im not sure if they have stockers or not

I'm in the same boat need rear leafs but I'll share this as I do not have the cash for it.

http://up.craigslist.org/pts/3210885653.html

If I did have the cash I would not share this but 2" of Old Man Emu is close enough to stock that stock shocks will work and no brake line mods are needed.
If you need me to pick it up I can and if you give me a week I can get a call in Green bay to drop them off. PM Me if you're interested.

Got a set of stockers from RockAuto. They dropped their prices recently.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back